cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

KevinCPU
Journeyman III

Tell me the most stable AM5 board for overclocking

I want to build a gaming machine on a powerful Ryzen Am5 and I also plan to overclock the RAM and processor. Tell me the most stable one for these purposes please

I blog about computers and components. Reviews and ratings of processors, video cards, motherboards
https://hddv.ru/
0 Likes
4 Replies
jaandoh
Challenger

I've never overclocked my pc as I lack the knowledge to do it without blowing something up 😂

But it would be nice to know if you have shortlisted any prospective motherboards....

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I'm not going to talk about brands but I'll tell you what you need.

Get a board that has a solid VRM for power delivery, the most layered PCB, seven segment troubleshooting code reader, easy to build and a good thermal solution all around.

Now, back to my personal brand choice. Normally, RoG flagships like the Crosshair is a sure deal and always present on the leader boards of world records but the RoG Strix E version is already a beast, not to mention expensive.

The Englishman
0 Likes
ajlueke
Grandmaster

It is worth mentioning that if you plan to get an X3D AM5 CPU, you won't have as much overclocking headroom.  If you're going that route, you probably won't need the overbuilt VRMs of the really high end motherboards. 

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

B650E or X670 and a real good cooler/case airflow

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes