Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

Zeini_Cesari
Journeyman III

Suggestions regarding a PC build.

Hi everyone,
I've been amassing information to build a good pc for programming and graphic designing which I can use for the next 10 years or more (I don't know how long I'm gonna use it).
I'm open to all suggestions and I will be thankful if you can give me any useful information.
Thank You All!

풵ℯ풾퓃풾 풦ℯ퓈풶퓇풾
4 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

First of all, determine how much money you are willing to spend.  I bet you're going to want one of the higher-end CPUs, like the 12-core Ryzen 9 7900X.  I would also expect 64 GB of DDR5 RAM and a high-end motherboard.  As for the video card, perhaps a 7900XT?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

OP might even want to consider Threadripper. We won't know until OP says what they want to spend.

Performance over Pretty.
otacon
Adept III

GPU technology changes very quickly, CPU far less. You should get a CPU with lots of cores like a Ryzen 9 or Threadripper if you need more.😁

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

If you want future proofing, buy the best this generation of AM5 is offering. That's 7950X paired with the 7900 XTX, 64 GB of fast ram and a gen 5 drive in my opinion. 

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED