cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Show us your oldest working computer - one you could boot up right now.

Some people think it's a disease - building a new computer every so often, perhaps once a year or even several during the year.  It's part of our creative spirit, the same spirit that puts our marriage at risk or takes away from the money you need when taking your partner out to dinner.  But every build serves a purpose.  We learn things along the way.  Maybe when we share our new build it helps another person to carry the idea to the next level.  

What do I want to see?  I want to see a picture of your oldest working computer.  It needs to be connected to the peripherals like a keyboard, mouse, monitor, etc.  It can be running any operating system, even Windows XP.  Show us the computer even if you didn't (gasp) build it yourself.  Show us the computer even if puts you newest build to shame.  

Back in 2006, I built the 'Thermaltake Powerhouse' with the AMD Athon FX62 (2.8Gz dual-core), dual eVGA 7900 GT's in SLI on an Asus Crosshair motherboard.  It's currently located under my work bench and it boots into Windows 10.  The current video card inside is now an RX 560 I believe.  I also added an SSD for the OS about 2 years ago.Back in 2006, I built the 'Thermaltake Powerhouse' with the AMD Athon FX62 (2.8Gz dual-core), dual eVGA 7900 GT's in SLI on an Asus Crosshair motherboard. It's currently located under my work bench and it boots into Windows 10. The current video card inside is now an RX 560 I believe. I also added an SSD for the OS about 2 years ago.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
0 Replies