Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

clicky15
Adept I

Second monitor not detecting

Hey, I recently build my own pc.
I installed a Radeon RX 6800 XT with no integrated graphics card. My main monitor is a samsung that connects to my HDMI of my GPU. My second monitor (BenQ) is a more old version with only a VGA input. So I bought a VGA to Displayport converter and also connected it to my GPU displayport. My main monitor works fine but I can't seem to make my second monitor to work. Any help would be appreciated!

7 Replies
Weber462
Challenger

you set up in windows? does it detect 2?

I have Windows 10. When I click detect it says 'Didn't detect another display' and only detects the main monitor.

0 Likes
Key-J
Paragon

Does your 6800XT not have multiple display ports back there? Have you tried them all?

If you have, someone else mentioned that they had issues because the VGA didn't pull through a native resolution to windows, so they had to create a custom resolution in the Adrenalin software for the 2nd monitor to work.

Hope that might help.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

I have tested all 3 displayports and none of them seem to fix the issue. The Andrenalin software also cant detect my second monitor. I havent tried to create a custom resolution but do I just create one with the same specs as my second monitor or how does it work?

0 Likes

have you tried different displayport cables?

---
lets talk about rtbh99
0 Likes

Its a VGA to displayport converter cable that I recently bought just for this. I dont have any other cables like this to test it out sadly

0 Likes

I'm not sure, this person might have the answer as it was their thread @eisenbahnenthusiast

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
0 Likes