Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

n-amd
Journeyman III

Ryzen 8700G / Radeon 780M driver crash after upgrade to 96GB RAM

Hi.

When i run my Asrock X600 Mini with AMD Ryzen 7 8700G and 48GB RAM (1x Crucial 48GB DDR5-5600 SO-DIMM @5200MHz) and Windows 11 Pro, the graphics card driver (Adrenalin Edition 24.9.1) works fine. But if i plug into the 2nd RAM slot the exactly same second RAM module to upgrade to 96GB, the graphics driver crashes directly after a very slow boot. An AMD message dialog states the crash out and the graphics card runs in safe mode, is deactivated in device manager.

Any idea on that issue?

Cheers,

Imed

6 Replies
FunkZ
Grandmaster

Reverse the memory modules.

Try the second memory module in the first slot.

If that works fine try the first memory module in the second slot.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

And if it still crashes, you have a bad stick of memory or something in the memory timings is not right.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Looking at ASRock Support for your X600 Mini PC all the Crucial RAM with 48GB shows the supported speed of 5600: https://www.asrock.com/Nettop/AMD/DeskMini%20X600%20Series/index.asp#Memory

Screenshot 2024-10-15 120407.png

It does show that it is verified to be Overclocked. I would run the RAM at 5600mts with 96GB installed and see if it continues the same issue.

You might also want to run each 48gb Stick separately to see if the PC works normal. If it does than it might be a compatibility issue with the 98GB RAM installed using Crucial.

I would download OCCT and run all three tests GPU, CPU, & PSU and see if it fails while running the tests.

I would open a Crucial Support ticket to see if they believe it is a compatibility issue or not since you didn't purchase the RAM in a 98GB Kit but each separately.

Also the slow boot might be a clue to your issues if it boots quickly with one stick of 48GB of RAM.

EDIT: Looking at AMD Specs for the Ryzen 8700G it mentions the Maximum Memory Support is 5200MTS:

https://www.amd.com/en/products/processors/desktops/ryzen/8000-series/amd-ryzen-7-8700g.html

.png

I have the same problem But with AMD Ryzen 9 7940HS and 780 Graphics. It starts up But the Graphics Driver is disabled. I have the feeling that somehow the iGPU has problems with 96GB Memory

Both RAM Sticks work separately but put together the iGPU 780 cannot be activated and crashes. So it seems a problem with the total amount being to Big. I don't know if it is a Software or a Hardware Problem sent the Cras data to AMD. Else the Computer seems to work

Does you laptop support 96GB of RAM installed under its Specs?

Also when it comes to Laptop RAM Memory you must install RAM that will be compatible with your laptop and other RAM stick installed.

Please post the exact Laptop Make & Model? 

Thanks.