cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

Awol
Challenger

RX7900 XTX - Shipping query

So ive bit the bullet and purchased a reference model RX7900 XTX direct from AMD. Paid for it on Friday 2nd Feb and had the confirmation email within a matter of minutes. Does anyone know how long they normally take to ship as i contacted AMD this morning and they said it was in the confirmed status but not yet shipped.

X570 Aorus Elite / Ryzen 9 5900X / Sapphire Nitro+ RX6900 XT SE / 64GB Quad Kit Kingston Fury Black 3600MHZ CL16 / RM1000 X PSU

2 Solutions
eebiii
Forerunner

Its 99% the riser cable. I cannot emphasize this enough. Those riser cables are junk. all of them. I have been fighting those things for years. Just went through it a couple weeks ago. sad thing is, if you try using it in another build down the road, it might work. Just buy a new riser cable and make sure you have dedicated power lines to the GPU. Please try this, I think the card is good. I build a lot of computers, mostly all with riser cables. Just giving my experienced opinion.

View solution in original post

eebiii
Forerunner

Just to follow up, now that I am thinking about it. I have also had issues with new cards and old HDMI cables. You could try switching those first or maybe to a display port cable. But I still think it's the riser cable.

IMG_3429.jpg 

View solution in original post

22 Replies
eebiii
Forerunner

I would say, you may have been lucky if you ordered it Friday and they shipped it Friday. AMD is on their game and my last card I got from them arrived quickly but doing it on a Friday may mean you have to for Monday shipment, but I am really not sure.

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Hello, @Awol 

It takes 5 to 7 business days for domestic shipping. Don't quote me on it, but you should have it by this Friday, Feb 9. By the way, did you get the tracking number? 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
Awol
Challenger

Ive just had an email with shipping confirmation. Its on its way with DHL frm CZ so ill probably have the card in a few days.

Awol
Challenger

GPU left CZ at 16:18 local time and arrived in the UK 03:09 local time 😁

Awol
Challenger

So today is the first time i could install the GPU as ive been nights all week. Would you believe it ive been sent a dud. Power going to the GPU, fans are spinning, RGB is lit but no video out. Thought maybe an issue with riser cable so connected it direct to the PCIe 4 and still the same problem. Have never dealt with AMD directly before, whats their warranty process like ?

eebiii
Forerunner

Its 99% the riser cable. I cannot emphasize this enough. Those riser cables are junk. all of them. I have been fighting those things for years. Just went through it a couple weeks ago. sad thing is, if you try using it in another build down the road, it might work. Just buy a new riser cable and make sure you have dedicated power lines to the GPU. Please try this, I think the card is good. I build a lot of computers, mostly all with riser cables. Just giving my experienced opinion.

Awol
Challenger

HI eebii

I build loads of PC's which is why i tried without the riser and connected direct to the PCIe 4 lane and had the same issue. Reconnected my current card and no problems. And i always use dedicated power cables.

eebiii
Forerunner

Just to follow up, now that I am thinking about it. I have also had issues with new cards and old HDMI cables. You could try switching those first or maybe to a display port cable. But I still think it's the riser cable.

IMG_3429.jpg 

eebiii
Forerunner

Well that sux! then. Sorry to hear. I want one of those 7900xtx cards bad and that would irritate me a bit.

Awol
Challenger

Really starting to get cheesed off now. Went to AMD site to start the warranty claim and they request PN and SN. Not a problem they're on the back of the box and also on the invoice from AMD. Would you believe it the PN isnt recognised so am now at a loss what to do. Ive sent a query via contact us form to see what to do, if they cant sort it then ill have to resort to chargeback on my credit card, which i dont want to really do but hey ho. 

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Hello, @Awol 

I'm not in the Warranty Support Team, but I did check on the status of your request over the weekend. You created a support case on Feb 9 and it was assigned to an agent on Feb 11. According to the team's lead, the assigned agent will contact you today. 

I hope you'll find this update helpful and I hope everything will be resolved soon. 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
Toology86
Adept I

Sorry your having issues with your card. I'm hoping everything gets resolved.

AMD 7800X3D/Gigabyte 7900xtx/128gb DDR5
Awol
Challenger

Update: It works but what a ball ache. Went back to basics, Latest Bios, CMOS reset, disable CSM and secure boot. re-seated riser and tada it worked. Did a driver update and it stopped working, took 7900XTX out of riser put 6900 XT and it worked. Took heed of what eebii said and connected direct to PCIe 4 lane and it worked. Restarted PC and still working, ran 3D mark and still working. Thought id do GPU benchmark on aida64 only to get a message saying no open CL GPU identified, installed geekbench6 and lo and behold it would only had the option for Vulkan and no Open CL. So DDU and reinstall and its all good now but as i said what a ball ache, had none of this with my 6700XT Gaming X or the Nitro+ 6900XT SE, they were just plug and play and i now need to buy a new Gen4 riser.

Awesome! @Awol 

Glad you got it working. Now the real fun starts 👍

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

This article talks about PCIe4 and riser cable compatibility. 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-270 

Awol
Challenger

IMG_20240307_140639.jpg

Turned out Awesome! Love the white light on the black. Have you OC'd or UV'd the card yet? I just got mine and want to give it a break in period. lol

Awol
Challenger

Running stock at the moment. Have watched quite a few tutorials on YTube and read quite a few forum threads. Not sure which way i want to go yet.

Awol
Challenger

Ran firestrike to see what i was getting and was quite surprised.

3D Mark.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Here is my 7800XT Red Devil OC'd

Firestrike maxfq 193% voltage 100 power limit 11% vram 2710.jpg

Nice score, wonder why your combined score is higher? Unless i have a bit of a bottleneck

Anonymous
Not applicable

lowteck_0-1711307467900.png

Probably due to slightly better single-threading

0 Likes