cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

Alcatraz9501
Journeyman III

Rx 7600 drivers Timeout error

Two weeks ago i bought a RX 7600. I cleand all my drivers (i owned a rx 570) before installing the new GPU and the software seems to have been installed succesfully but i am facing driver issues in many Games.

Games like The Last Of Us, RDR2 and Onward VR give me a driver timeout error, but other games like Halo infinite, Phasmophobia or Farcry 3/4/5 work just fine. 

Sometimes the driver timeout error occurs even when pluggin in the second monitor.

Any advices?

My specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5500

GPU: Sapphire Rx 7600 8GB

MB: AsRock B450m HDV R4.0

RAM: 2x 16GB corsair vengeance RGB pro 3200mhz

PSU: NZXT C750

5 Replies
Lydighet
Journeyman III

I also got a RX 7600 within the past two weeks and owned and RX 570 before. I have been getting a timeout error with AOEIV now. I had never had that error before (in 5+ years of games with AMD GPUs). My drivers appear up to date also...

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

Things to do/try that might help .. might not ..but good to do regardless

Update your motherboard's BIOS to latest (just unzip BIOS file to the root directory of your system drives ..no USB flash drive needed for ASRock AM4/5 motherboards)

Make sure you are running the latest AM4 chipset drivers from AMD.com website

run DDU and remove all past present drivers from whatever GPUs you have ran on this install of Windows .. reboot .. and THEN install latest drivers from AMD.com website

Make sure your SSD(s) firmware is/are up to date

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Thanks for you reply

I tried everything you mentioned but nothing worked. I hope AMD fix thier drivers asap

0 Likes

Facing similar problems after migrating from Rx 580 to Rx 7600.

Crashes in Red Dead Redemption 2 after a few seconds or minutes when "Reflection quality" is set to High or Ultra.

Driver timeout in Medieval Dynasty after a few minutes, randomly.

Win 11 x64, latest AMD software, used DDU between swirching cards, BIOS updated.

GPU: Sapphire Rx 7600 8 GB

CPU: Ryzen 3900X

Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P

RAM: Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB 32 GB DDR4 @ 3600 MHz.

Un4Seen
Adept I

I did find a way to fix these problems at one point. The solution is to reduce the performance of the GPU to around 95% using AMD's driver software. See this other thread: https://community.amd.com/t5/pc-building/keep-getting-amd-driver-timeout-error-in-my-new-rx7600/m-p/...

0 Likes