cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

POG
Adept II

Recommended setup VR Q2 + RX7900XTX

If you own an Oculus Quest 2 + 7900XTX and have performance and image problems like me, here's a little recommendation for a better gaming experience.
I tried just about everything I could think of.
If anyone has any improvements, I'd certainly welcome others.
If I am in the wrong topic, I ask the moderators to move the post to the correct place.
Thank you
I can update if interested
GPU 23.9.3

Latest Oculus Q2 update

topka.png

4 Replies
ali8
Journeyman III

i have realy bad quality on my 7800xt (almost like standalone)

can this help improving the image quality?

after a while of testing and updating the driver, the VR behaved really strangely....I took a risk and
1. uninstall oculus
2. uninstall GPU drivers using DDU
3. download the latest GPU drivers (clean install)
4. install oculus and the only thing I set was according to the picture
The performance and image is like that of the rtx 3060Ti

POG_0-1697981954369.png

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I'm not into Virtual Reality, but I am curious about what settings helped address the problems you were experiencing.  I'm sure others on the forum are curious too.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

Unfortunately, I have to state that the performance is unpredictable. From the beginning, when I was setting up the fiber, a completely clean reinstallation of the GPU with the help of DDU was enough. There have been a couple of updates for both the Q2 and the AMD GPU, and the performance is not entirely satisfactory. I keep thinking if I don't have to build a new PC with a 4090, because I also play VR games and quite a bit, and I'm quite disappointed, ecause VR is still not fully fixed and it is still untuned.

0 Likes