Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

Arshamoon
Journeyman III

problem with 3900x

Hello
I try 3900x in m.b ASUS prime b550 plus and power 850gold NZXT rtx 3080 trinity 12g
after assembling and installing windows driver and etc. all things seems good and test many times and power on and off many times
after sent to my customer when he try once and after that pc don't work and VGA led on board turn on
he cant work and bring back to me i check it with another graphic and can saw te bios and saw csm is enabled and changed to disabled and r exchange VGA and test many times and every thing was good
but when i sent to him again first time is good and after that VGA led is on and don't work again
he removed every things clear cmos many times and clear security key but don't solved problem
system can work with another VGA but when back on zotac 3080 freeze on VGA led again

plaese help i hang in

3 Replies

It sound like a issue with your Nvidia Graphics driver or Nvidia GPU card.

I suggest you open a Thread at Nvidia GeForce Forums and ask there: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/discover/

I would make sure you have the latest Motherboard BIOS & Chip Set driver versions installed. The GPU Card has all it GPU power cables connected and in BIOS Settings all settings related to the GPU card or PCIe Slot is correctly enabled or disabled.

MADZyren
Paragon

Mostly sounds like culprit is 3080, but you could check how he connected 3080 (preferably individual cables from PSU to GPU), and if you tried with a low power GPU, could it possibly be that there is something wrong with PSU and it can't deliver enought power to 3080. So most likely 3080 problem, but if easy, would probably check power related issues. Just remember, you can't use power cables of one PSU with another PSU as wiring isn't necessarily the same. So if you try with your PSU, change cables too.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Are you running Windows 10 or Windows 11?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes