Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

Raijinz153
Journeyman III

No signal newly bought rx 7700 xt

I have a problem on my newly bought GPU,
when my monitor is initially connected to the pc and tried to open it, there is no signal and there is a delay on numlock response( this is for me to determine if my system boots )
But when i tried opening my pc without the monitor connected to the GPU, it works then later on i plug my monitor and it was fine
I tried using different gpu and there is no problem on it
I dont want to do this process everytime im going to use my pc because it is prone on wear and tear
SPECS
•sapphire nitro rx 7700 xt
•ryzen 5 7500f
•gigabyte 650m ds3h
•corsair vengenace 5200 mhz 32gb ( 16 x2 )
•980 1tb nvm2
•Seasonic 850 W

Trouble shoot done
CMOS clear/reset
set bios default
update bios drivers
update amd drivers
reseating GPU and ram
ensuring cables connected properly

5 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Try using another display port cable if your monitor supports that, otherwise try another HDMI cable.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

I tried using display cable, hdmi 2.0 hdmi 2.1 different ports and different monitor, same issue
it works if not connected initially then if i try to restart or shut it down while the monitor is not connected, it will not work properply

If there is a second PCIe slot in your motherboard, try installing the RX 7700 XT in there.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
RoseCliver
Adept I

@Raijinz153 wrote:

I have a problem on my newly bought GPU,
when my monitor is initially connected to the pc and tried to open it, there is no signal and there is a delay on numlock response( this is for me to determine if my system boots )
But when i tried opening my pc without the monitor connected to the GPU, it works then later on i plug my monitor and it was fine liteblueguide.xyz
I tried using different gpu and there is no problem on it
I dont want to do this process everytime im going to use my pc because it is prone on wear and tear
SPECS
•sapphire nitro rx 7700 xt
•ryzen 5 7500f
•gigabyte 650m ds3h
•corsair vengenace 5200 mhz 32gb ( 16 x2 )
•980 1tb nvm2
•Seasonic 850 W

Trouble shoot done
CMOS clear/reset
set bios default
update bios drivers
update amd drivers
reseating GPU and ram
ensuring cables connected properly

Your RX 7700 XT may have a faulty display output. Test with another monitor and cable, and if the issue persists, contact Sapphire support for a possible RMA. Ensure your PSU is sufficient and the GPU firmware is up-to-date.

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Also, check in your bios in the PCIE settings that it's set to prioritize a dedicated GPU, sometimes the bios has it defaulted to use onboard APU even if there isn't one. I've had that happen to me. 

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED