cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

My 4 month old build

IMG_0534.jpeg

The last things I added were 16 more gigs of ram and a 2tb wdgreen m.2 drive with rubber band and heatsink, also an 1tb drive from a broken laptop so 3tb total

Cheapest thermaltake case, DIY’ed drill holes on front for airflow and added metal mesh filter

Ryzen 5500 undervolted through bios pbo negative offset asrock 6650xt undervolted through adrenaline and SAM enabled

1 included fan+4 noctua

32gb tforce ddr4

650w gold supply semi modular

microcenter+Amazon prime build

Software tweaks disable ULPS and windows update
1440p Samsung odyssey vrr display, games can get 100fps with fsr on or off depending on game

What do you think?

1 Solution

I did get my pc stressed test at micro center when I was getting black screen because of ulps, the stock cooler will always be sufficient for mid range cpus, and the case has perfect airflow. Cpu doesn’t go above 55 under high load. I don’t think amd would just put a stock cooler if it was terrible. AMD is more consumer friendly and would not include a stock cooler if the pricing was 2 high or it was a bad cooler.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Axxemann
Forerunner

Interesting... what was your budget and intended purpose?

Performance over Pretty.

my budget was around $600 but I spent at least $750 I think. And I wanted good 1440p gaming, I wanted a very optimized and consistent experience, similar to a PlayStation 5.

0 Likes
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I think it's a decent build.  How about a few RGB strips discretely placed in the back?  Also, is your CPU running cool enough for that stock CPU cooler?  I suspect it is since you undervolted it, but why did you do that?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

Haha. I undervolted the cpu cause I heard it was the hot thing to do these days, I get basically the same performance with less power and heat. And I was thinking about adding rgb, but I put so much work into the build and adding strips would involve removing parts if I wanted it to look good. Also I don’t think AMD would include a stock cooler if it was bad.

The cooler your semiconductors run, the longer they will last, all things being equal.  If your CPU is running at 70 C for long periods and someone else's computer has his CPU running at 50 C for long periods, I will put my money on the 50 C CPU for having a longer lifespan.  I recommend you monitor your CPU and GPU temperatures when gaming or running stress testing on your computer.  A $40 CPU cooler is a lot cheaper than a replacement CPU.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

I did get my pc stressed test at micro center when I was getting black screen because of ulps, the stock cooler will always be sufficient for mid range cpus, and the case has perfect airflow. Cpu doesn’t go above 55 under high load. I don’t think amd would just put a stock cooler if it was terrible. AMD is more consumer friendly and would not include a stock cooler if the pricing was 2 high or it was a bad cooler.