cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

Vynu_
Adept I

Long time launching pc.

Hey, I have an important question about new generations. Do your PCs also take a long time to boot before your PC starts up? up to a minute max? This is normal? (my pc turns on in an average of 30 seconds, sometimes it happens faster and sometimes it takes a long time, my bios and everything are updated). Is it a common problem with new gen and high power ram or should be i refund it? 

And one more question, is it normal that when you turn on the PC, the CPU light is on and then blinks for ten minutes while booting, and then disappears normally and the PC starts up quickly?

I have r7 7700 

asrock b650e steel legend wifi

g.skill 32gb (2x16) 6000mhz cl30

1 Solution
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

On the AM5 platform, it does take much longer to boot the computer.  In fact, the first boot can take several minutes, making the builder worry that something is wrong.  My 7900X build is taking a good 30 seconds to boot.  I'm used to it now and it works fine.  My older AM4 builds take an order of magnitude less time to boot.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

On the AM5 platform, it does take much longer to boot the computer.  In fact, the first boot can take several minutes, making the builder worry that something is wrong.  My 7900X build is taking a good 30 seconds to boot.  I'm used to it now and it works fine.  My older AM4 builds take an order of magnitude less time to boot.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

You can try and enable memory context restore, it should boot really fast but it may affect stability. Do some stress testing to see if you can run it crash free.

I have it disabled because MCR will BSOD me long before getting into Windows. But 21 seconds is all I have to wait. So I'm good.

The Englishman
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

"And one more question, is it normal that when you turn on the PC, the CPU light is on and then blinks for ten minutes while booting, and then disappears normally and the PC starts up quickly?"

This question confuses me.  It's normal that the motherboard status lights will sequence through a memory check, a CPU check and a GPU check, and then they should go out as it boots past the BIOS and loads Windows.  I have not seen these lights blink for 10 minutes either during an extended boot cycle or after the BIOS has done it's job and Windows has taken control.

0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Same problem, but turning on memory context restore fixed it. Now back to fast start ups

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED