cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

Vynu_
Adept I

Launch PC problem?

Hello, I got probably a problem with my pc. I just built my new pc on am5 socket, but when im trying launch my pc, he just turn on but monitor / mouse / keyboard etc doesn't connect at the beginning. I have to wait 30 sec +/- with launching pc in theory ( cpu and ram diod light on red on my motherboard ), then my pc connect everything and launch normally. Is it normal in new gen pc? or it's an issue? Please help me 

cpu: r7 7700
mb: asrock b650e steel legend wifi
ram: g.skill 32gb (2x16) 6000mhz cl30
gpu: rtx 4060ti 
psu: 850w

i readed in my mb instruction launching pc can take bit more time at 1st time cus ram will pair with cpu/mb. but it's everytime and idk now if it's a normal thing :/. Also i don't have ,,sleep mode,, in my pc too :c I donno where to find help 

2 Solutions
Heilstein
Adept I

Sounds like a ram stability issue to me. Your PC normally wont train memory every boot, which it appears to be doing (because of ram/cpu light). You might want to turn the speed of your RAM sticks down which you can do in your BIOS. Before doing any manual tuning try turning off xmp profil and see if it works, afterwards you can figure out at which speed your RAM will run stable by trial and error.

If you are running Windows 'Sleep Mode' is on by standard for when you press the 'Shut-Down' button. You can easily check this in Task-Manager by going to the 'Performance' Tab inspecting your CPU Uptime. To change the Shut Down button to actually shut down your system: Win-key , Search 'Control Panel', Click 'Hardware and Sound', Click 'Change what the Power-buttons do' then change 'When I press the power button' to 'Shut down'. Afterwards deselect 'Turn on fast startup (recommended)' and you should be good to go.

Below that is also the 'Sleep' Option if you want that and I misunderstood your last sentence.

Hope this will fix your slow boots.

View solution in original post

Your RAM is probably not broken just unstable with your CPU. DDR5 advertised speed is really messy from what I've heard. The only way to get that speed for sure is to use a RAM kit thats listed as supported on the motherboards product page.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B650E%20Steel%20Legend%20WiFi/index.de.asp#Memory

But even if you go with one of those sticks, Asrock themself say that you basically have to win the lottery on your CPU being a gem, to get advertised speeds.

'3. When running XMP/EXPO profile or higher frequency, the system’s stability depends on the processor’s capabilities.'

The inital lights are normal, unless lets say it takes 15-20+ seconds or longer.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Heilstein
Adept I

Sounds like a ram stability issue to me. Your PC normally wont train memory every boot, which it appears to be doing (because of ram/cpu light). You might want to turn the speed of your RAM sticks down which you can do in your BIOS. Before doing any manual tuning try turning off xmp profil and see if it works, afterwards you can figure out at which speed your RAM will run stable by trial and error.

If you are running Windows 'Sleep Mode' is on by standard for when you press the 'Shut-Down' button. You can easily check this in Task-Manager by going to the 'Performance' Tab inspecting your CPU Uptime. To change the Shut Down button to actually shut down your system: Win-key , Search 'Control Panel', Click 'Hardware and Sound', Click 'Change what the Power-buttons do' then change 'When I press the power button' to 'Shut down'. Afterwards deselect 'Turn on fast startup (recommended)' and you should be good to go.

Below that is also the 'Sleep' Option if you want that and I misunderstood your last sentence.

Hope this will fix your slow boots.

Okay, I noticed when i use ,,amd expo,, for my ram, vdd misc voltage is red. Should i change smth? And also when i use amd expo i automatically lose again my sleep mode in windows ehh :/. How to fix that? ( Yes i want use full power of my ram what i bought ) 

Vynu_
Adept I

hey, thanks for help <3. Well so i change this ram to basic settings ( from amd expo ) and pc run way faster, but still at the beginning this control lamp of cpu light, and ram flashes, also everything connect faster, only one monitor connect bit later. So in all I probably can't use amd expo mode for my ram? or i need to change ram 😕 Anyway is it a normal thing in new gen pc? or it's just broken ram?

with windows sleep mode i fixed all, in bios my cpu/ram or dont remember this setting. In all i hadn't launched deep sleep in bios, that was reason why i cant set sleep mode in windows. 

Im kinda fresh in new generation, and donno alot things, thanks for helping 😄

Your RAM is probably not broken just unstable with your CPU. DDR5 advertised speed is really messy from what I've heard. The only way to get that speed for sure is to use a RAM kit thats listed as supported on the motherboards product page.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B650E%20Steel%20Legend%20WiFi/index.de.asp#Memory

But even if you go with one of those sticks, Asrock themself say that you basically have to win the lottery on your CPU being a gem, to get advertised speeds.

'3. When running XMP/EXPO profile or higher frequency, the system’s stability depends on the processor’s capabilities.'

The inital lights are normal, unless lets say it takes 15-20+ seconds or longer.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

My AM5 build takes 30 seconds to boot every time.  I've gotten used to it now but it used to bother me, especially since my AM4 builds come right up.  I have AMD Expo enabled and I plan to keep that.  I remember that on the first boot it took about 2-3 minutes for the boot cycle to complete.  I believe that was the memory training event.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
Vynu_
Adept I

Okay, I solved everything. I just needed update my bios... Sorry, but thanks much for help too! 😄

0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Also turn on memory context restore in bios. It will speed your start up time immensely 

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes