cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

Majinchris
Adept I

Just built a new machine and I'm a little worried

So I just put together my first PC built.  However I've been running into some issues with a lot of the games I have tried out and I'm not sure if its an Xbox app problem or something wrong with my PC.  For instance in base Skyrim I had screen flickering and water texture issues on a new game the camera just kept rotating, in Skyrim special edition from game pass everything seems fine except I can't get sound to come out of my speakers when in full screen, headphones work.  In Fallout 4 it will not launch from the xbox app  completely just the sound will start and my mouse pointer will get stuck in an invisible box.  Then in Mount and Blade 2 the textures on the battlefield ground didn't load.  It feels like its mostly an issue with Xbox.  Thru steam Assassins creed odyssey seemed ok, but Skyrim was thru steam and it was wonky.  I'm downloading RDR2 now to see how that looks, but all these issues have me thinking maybe I either screwed something up or have bad hardware.  As far as I can tell all the drivers are up to date.  I am running windows 11 with a Ryzen 5 7600x and 6750xt.

3 Replies
Majinchris
Adept I

RDR2 looks really good, except for some small things like tassels swaying in the wind, they tend to go a little crazy

Try using the new computer to run non-gaming things, such as watching Youtube videos and some productivity tasks like using MS Office apps to create a document or spreadsheet.  Does the computer perform all these non-gaming tasks without problems?  Can you ensure that your Internet connection is working properly (Are you on an Ethernet connection or wireless?)?  It does sound like an Xbox app problem, but I'm not familiar with that app.  You can also try Googling the Internet for solutions to the problems you are experiencing.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Yeah, everything else seems to work fine.  I tried looking for solutions to the xbox app issue.