cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

Winter19
Journeyman III

Is Cooler Master Hyper T2 Compatible to the AMD Ryzen 7 3700x?

Hey everyone. This is my first time posting a discussion for a question to everyone for the PC Parts. My question is, would Cooler Master Hyper T2 ( aftermarket air cooler) would be compatible (or supports) AMD motherboard (AM4) and Ryzen 7 3700x to use it instead of using the stock air cooler (which is AMD Wraith Prism Cooler) that came with AMD Ryzen 7 3700x ?

0 Likes
3 Replies
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

After doing a bit of research. It doesn't appear that the cooler is compatible with AM4.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

I am on NewEgg site right now and the specs they have posted say YES it is compatible for AM4 socket.

Why don't you go to https://www.newegg.com/ and see what else thy have to offer.  They provide specs on products from companies that have them.  There are some better options for just a few dollars more and in some cases less.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes

If you are talking about just the Hyper T2 and not the Blizzard T2 then:

1- It has a 130 Watt TDP which should be able to keep your 3700X from overheating with Dual Fans installed.

2- Just about all Cooler Master Air CPU Coolers have Universal Mounting for both AMD and Intel Motherboards or you can ask Cooler Master Support for the correct Mounting kit if needed.

Found the specs for the Hyper T2 from another tech site:

Screenshot 2022-12-06 114516.png

But I would open a Cooler Master Support ticket BEFORE purchasing that Air Cooler to verify that it has a AM4 Mounting kit or is compatible with a AM4 Mobo.

The above Specs might be out-dated concerning the compatibility of AMD Mobos.

0 Likes