Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

dredack
Journeyman III

I bought the ryzen 5800x but still don’t have a GPU

Hi guys! This is my first time in the community. Nice to meet you all

i’ve bought a ryzen 7 5800x but still didn’t buy a GPU to build with it. I’ll be able to buy a GPU in the next few months, but right now I want to know if my Ryzen 5800x will be able to run some soft games like valorant or league. Do you guys could help to understand that? Any tips or advice to manage the temperature while playing without a GPU?

regards,

2 Replies

First unless you can play those games using a black monitor screen you will need to have a GPU Card to get video output from your motherboard or PC.

You have a regular Processor that doesn't have integrated Graphics like a APU processor. So without a GPU card you will not have any video outputs from your Motherboard video outputs ports.

Once you have a GPU Card then other Users can help your with tips about those games.

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

^^^ Yep, and that is it. ^^^

But this is the place and the time to buy if you go RDNA2, prices are actually.. well... not bad overall.

If you wait too long, the RDNA3 flagship 7900XT will be for sure a great buy for the price, but if you want a high end 7800XT or a more mid range card, then it could take more than just a few months.

The Englishman