cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

rtbh99
Challenger

Finished up my custom cables!

Took me a few months, but I have finished up my project to make custom cables for my main gaming pc. It was a full replacement of the stock cables that came with the PSU, I had to learn how to solder and use a multimeter. Why didn't I just get Cablemod cables? Because thats not as fun as doing it yourself 🙂

24 pin and dual 8 pin pcie cables24 pin and dual 8 pin pcie cableslit up in red >:)lit up in red >:)backside of the casebackside of the caseclose up of the sata power. pretty twistyclose up of the sata power. pretty twisty8+4 pin bridged eps cable.8+4 pin bridged eps cable.my custom cables next to their stock counterparts.my custom cables next to their stock counterparts.quite proud of my 24 pin :)quite proud of my 24 pin 🙂these 8 pin pcie cables are why I couldnt go the cablemod route, they are simply too short.these 8 pin pcie cables are why I couldnt go the cablemod route, they are simply too short.

---
lets talk about rtbh99
4 Replies
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

These are what organized cable dreams are made of!!! How long did it take you to organize the cords so well? 

Mine is kinda messy and I'm really scared to open it back up and try and reorganize it all... 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

cable managing the back took me about an hour and a half once i got everything i needed for it, and the cables were completed. i worked on the project over the course of about three weeks once i received the materials. then i had to wait on more cable combs lol...

---
lets talk about rtbh99
red5
Miniboss

I like the white and black theme. I had a similar system, but I bought the Cablemod cables.  I just don't have the time to do something like that any more.  Cablemod cables have gotten to be pretty ridiculous in price though.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN
0 Likes

when i was trying to figure out if i wanted cablemod cables, i found the custom sleeving community. turns out cablemod was more expensive, for what i wouldve needed, than simply buying tools and materials and doing it myself. plus, i got to do it myself!

---
lets talk about rtbh99
0 Likes