cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

jay1131
Adept III

Early Fathers Day

So this build happened by accident. The graphics card came from a trade for an older extra computer i had ironically, the cpu was a gift from the wife because it was on sale, the motherboard and psu was bought with a raise i received, the ram was laying around and i bought the hyper 212 because i couldnt decide on a cooler and ram just yet. . Now i have another extra computer but decided to want to learn Blender and Unreal Engine and editing in general as i always had an interest in it. The cooler keeps it at 32C at idle and 70 during gaming and blender test. I think the most it got was 76-78C during aida64 but that's it. All core and single core test looked normal with no throttling. This is the nicest computer i ever had and hope to keep it for 10 years but i wanted suggestions for ram to complete the look and a 140 or 240 aio. Any suggestions welcome.

5900X-$3865900X-$386

Seasonic 1000w-$225Seasonic 1000w-$225Sapphire Toxic-$1049Sapphire Toxic-$1049

20220604_151806.jpg

212 Black RGB-$50212 Black RGB-$5020220604_163517.jpg

4 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

An AIO cooler with RGB and a three fan cooler is my suggestion, if they will fit in that case (240 or 360 mm).  In terms of RAM, I would be looking for Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600 in 2 X 16 GB sticks.  Why go cheap with the quality CPU, video card and PSU?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

It would have to be a 240 but there is so many but I guess I'll just have to watch some videos for specific brands. I could keep with corsair but not big on names so could be I'd cooling or something like that. I'm big on function than form, main reason why I haven't done a vertical gpu mount yet. Still undecided on that as well 😕

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I think you would like the vertical GPU mounting. I bought the kit for my Lian Li case but the kit came with a PCIe 3.0 cable, so I also ordered a PCIe 4.0 cable to retain that interface for my GPU. There might be a kit for your case. See my link for some pictures: https://www.bigal-computers.net/#Ryzen-Nine

IMG_0834 (Medium).jpg

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

What are your gpu temps usually holding at while idle and then gaming?

0 Likes