Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Dual PC Stream Setups - Worth it?

Hey, folks!

I was chatting with a friend the other night about streaming for fun, and I know there are some streamers out there (or maybe more nowadays) who game on one PC, but stream on a separate dedicated rig. Rather than googling this, I was wondering if anyone here had experience with this kind of setup or how it works. 

Has anyone utilized a setup like this? Is it worth it?

gaming_streamingpc.JPG

3 Replies

I mean, if your main PC isn't powerful enough to handle gaming and streaming at the same, then it might sound like a viable option, especially if you're gaming at 4K. In addition, the ability to edit/manage your stream stuff independently (layout, chat, etc.) is nice to have too, I guess, although that can still be done with just a separate display if you're not into dual PC setup.

W10Pro (22H2)|Kingston A400 240G|ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 (L2.71)|Ryzen 5 5600|ID-Cooling SE-225-XT Black V2|nVidia RTX 3070 FE 8Gb|XPG GAMMIX D10 [2x8GB] DDR4 3200MHz (XMP)|DeepCool PK700D
0 Likes
otacon
Adept III

I think before GPU encoding was on most hardware people used two systems to take load of the CPU. Now you can just get an extra GPU and a CPU like the Ryzen 7 or 9 and you shouldn't take much of a hit.

W10Pro (22H2)|Kingston A400 240G|ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 (L2.71)|Ryzen 5 5600|ID-Cooling SE-225-XT Black V2|nVidia RTX 3070 FE 8Gb|XPG GAMMIX D10 [2x8GB] DDR4 3200MHz (XMP)|DeepCool PK700D