cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Dirty Keyboard Entry - Osborne Executive Keyboard Mod

Back in December of 2005, I decided to mod my old CP/M Osborne Executive computer from my university days (I bought it in 1983).  It was a suitcase style rig, with the keyboard folding into the case and thus becoming the base.  My idea was to rip out the internal components and even the keyboard keys, so I could install an HDD in the cavity along with a nice AMD etched piece of plexiglass to cover the hole and a cold cathode tube for illumination.  I would thus be using an external keyboard for this build.  It was a successful design and I've upgraded it a few times over the years.  

The keyboard cavity with an HDD and a 60mm fan installed.The keyboard cavity with an HDD and a 60mm fan installed.

Test fitting the AMD etched plexiglass installation.Test fitting the AMD etched plexiglass installation.

Completed build back in 2005.Completed build back in 2005.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
4 Replies
Johaniston
Journeyman III

Better keep that clean 😭

sapsinoi
Adept I

Bang!

joebangles
Adept III

uses dirty keyboard contest as an excuse to flex an ancient build! Points for style, Al!

That's how I roll.  Technically, it is a keyboard - but minus the keys.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes