cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

eebiii
Miniboss

Building a PC

I am going to build a new/used custom loop water-cool system this weekend. I had a recently retired Army buddy come out for the weekend, and he needs something for his son. 

I only have about 48 hours to do this build. He leaves Monday afternoon. Which shouldn't be an issue. If I am short any parts, I can make a run to the local Microcenter in town. So, I think I can pull this off. 

I want to make it stand out a little and would love to hear any ideas. I posted a few pictures of some parts I have to work with and I have probably 90% of all the water-cooling parts.

Was thinking about using the TT Core P5 for the case. I also have the 3d printer so I can print too if needed to spice the case up or whatever.  Any ideas, I am up for anything. I could even get a new case if I have too. I was looking at Microcenter online at the Denver store and I really don't like to many of the cases they have but I don't really have a good eye for that anyway and my friend doesn't have any opinion about it. he just knows his son is big into gaming and needs a new PC.

Any ideas would be much appreciated, and I will try and video the build and post it. I have never taken video of any of my builds, usually just pictures so will be a first for me. 

I am also extremely hung over and probably won't get much done today. So, this is a good time to plan and hear ideas, lol.

parts.JPGparts-1.JPGparts-2.JPG

4 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I wish you luck in getting the build done in a short amount of time.  I wouldn't go too far into modding the case and in fact, I've never built a water cooled machine.  The Thermaltake Core P5 is a heavy case (I've built my 'Through the Looking Glass' machine using it), but I didn't use the glass top since I mounted mine under a glass table.  If you use the glass top, be aware of the weight and perhaps you need extra support under the glass side.  If you friends son is a gamer, then a good video card is recommended.  What care are you going to use?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I meant what card are you going to use.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

For what's worth show him (if he's potato PC) how to plug GPU. In theory everything what can "wobble" shouldn't be moved via car, plan etc.

Parts these days are made the way that you'd need throw it against the wall for it to break.

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Wow, @eebiii - what a challenge to take on, all while hungover 😂

I don't know that I have any ideas to share as I've also never built a liquid cooling PC, but I wish you luck on your deadline and hope that the video portion works out. I would love to watch you build and can't wait to see how it turns out! 

If this is your friend's kids' first gaming PC, they are very lucky! 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord