Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

chanu_9873
Adept II

Bluescreen crashes after enabling xmp

Hi guys,

I'm using msi b450 tomahawk with Ryzen 7 2700x , I have used 8gb corsair ddr4 (3000mhz 16-20-20-28 enabled xmp at 2933mhz) for 4 years with no issues, I have updated today to two 16gb corsair 3200 MHz sticks, there are two xmp profiles in my bios 2933 and 3200, setting any of the two profiles causes a bluescreen issue, What should I do now .

corsair please help me if you see this.

14 Replies
FunkZ
Paragon

Post a screenshot of CPU-Z on the SPD tab.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

Screenshot 2024-02-14 102435.png

Screenshot 2024-02-14 102445.png

0 Likes

I don't see any reason why those shouldn't work. They're single rank, timings are fairly loose and 3200 should be attainable by Zen+ even though it's only rated for 2933.

You might try bumping up the vDIMM a bit to see if that is enough to nudge it, like 1.375 or so. Also, does the MSI BIOS have Memtest utility built in you could check for errors?

0 Likes

I didn't see anu memtest in the bios , the blue screens are also not immediate they happen after ten to twenty minutes, like when I'm browsing its bsod's right after I open a new tab, 

I'll see about bumping the voltages I don't know anything about that. 

there is a memory try it section with different frequencies and three different timings with each frequency, should I give it a try,

Thank you 

0 Likes

This is on page 47 of your motherboard manual. After setting the A-XMP Profile, go down to DRAM Voltage. The XMP Profile should be setting it to 1.35 per your SPD screenshot above. You could try increasing it by an interval such as 1.36 or 1.375 whatever that next interval is.

I'm not familiar with that MSI Memory Try It! feature, the manual states: "It can improve memory compatibility or performance by choosing optimized memory preset."

FunkZ_0-1707917957587.png

0 Likes

Thank you for the reply ill look into it.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Looks so much like my old system. Had a 2700X and a QVL corsair kit at 3200 on a RoG B450.

Crashes during gaming only. With that same configuration, I had to loosen the timings and bump the vSoC to find stability. Be careful while tweaking vSoC.

Start by setting 3200 manually instead of XMP/DOCP and lower your timings, 2T comand rate can help stability too.

And Good luck, you'll need it, I had so much trouble with the corsair kit that this time went g.skill.

The Englishman

I dont know how to manually change those settings , Ill look into it thank you.

0 Likes

Can you post the Corsair RAM MEMORY Part Number?

Trying to see if it is listed under your processor for your Motherboard QVL List for RAM: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-TOMAHAWK/support#mem

0 Likes

The part number is CMK16GX4M1E3200C16 (version 3.41) , I have checked the list My ram is not in the supported list , but my previous ram CMK8GX4M1D3000C16 (version 3.31) is also not there in that list but it ran fine for 4 years at xmp 2933mhz, Thank you 

Just because your previous RAM ran fine doesn't mean your current RAM will also. They are both different.

True, Many QVL List are out-dated that is why you should go to Corsair QVL List and see if your motherboard is listed under your RAM part number.

By the way, what are the exact BSOD errors are you getting?

NOTE: Did you purchase a 32GB Kit or two separate 16GB RAM sticks?   The part number you listed is not for a 32gb RAM Kit but for a single RAM Stick only.

EDIT: Went to Corsair Compatibility chart and inputted B450 Tomahawk with Ryzen 7 2700X and only one 8GB RAM part number showed up as being compatible: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/c/memory?type=findbycompatibility

Screenshot 2024-02-14 084738.png

0 Likes

It just says your device ran into a error and restarts ,

I bought two 16gb sticks they are same model number and same version just 30 apart from the serial number,

I also don't see my ram in the corsair list, I can't return this now, so I somehow got to make this work.

Looking at your Motherboard's QVL List for the 2000 series processor all the Corsair RAM Part Numbers that start with CMK16GX4 only two shows up at 3200Mhz but with 8GB RAM and not 16GB Ram: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-TOMAHAWK/support#mem

In fact looking at all the Corsair Ram part number with various ram speeds that start with CMK16GX4 none includes any 16GB Ram modules. All are either 8GB or 4GB Ram modules which seems to indicate that particular Part number is not compatible with the Ryzen 2000 series processors with 16GB of RAM modules for Corsair RAM.

Screenshot 2024-02-14 215229.png

Now there are several Corsair RAM Part Numbers that does include 16GB and higher but with different Corsair Part numbers for your processor.

Maybe you can try to exchange your set with another one on the QVL list either at Corsair or MSI with Corsair Support or Warranty.

But I don't know how you will be able to adjust the RAM settings to overcome incompatibility issues.

EDIT: I had, at one time, a set of 4 - 4GB Corsair RAM Memory. One went bad after a few years  and when I opened a Warranty ticket Corsair said I needed to turn in the entire set to get a new set because they can't guarantee compatibility if they just replace the bad RAM module. I got lucky and purchased the same RAM part number but for only one RAM stick and not a set and it work normally with the rest of the Corsair RAM I had installed.

The point I am trying to make in the future you need to purchase a Kit with the amount of RAM modules you want to use. Buying two of the exact RAM Modules but not in a set kit can still cause incompatibility issues between those two RAM sticks.

The RAM Manufacturer's test all RAM Set kits to make sure there are no incompatibility issues.

0 Likes

Thank you for the reply

There is low compatible rams for this model, my old one is not in the list but it ran fine , so I thought this would run fine too but this isn't running good, this ram is only 4 days old by now returning is not an option , would corsair give warranty for situations like this ?

0 Likes