cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Adrenaline 24.8.1 has been released! Tell us how it works for you!

It was released on 29 August 2024.  Maybe this will address some issues a few folks have been having with prior updates.  My experience so far is that it blanks your screen for several seconds (20-30) during the install.  A bit unnerving I would say.

New driver update, just in time for my 01 September 2024 LAN party at Big Al Computers.New driver update, just in time for my 01 September 2024 LAN party at Big Al Computers.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
94 Replies

I haven't, however I am more curious if this is a anti cheat issue that causes the crashes in the game. I can run other games that are not utilizing the anti-cheats in them, and they run fine. 

I look at it like this, I can make gas to run in a car and i make 87 octane. However my engine is a high compression engine that requires 102 octane. So is it the fuels fault that it won't run in my car or the engine in the care. that is how I look at drivers. they are just the fuel, the games are the engines and even if the game does an update to be more compatible, but the Anti cheat program doesn't make any changes that will cause conflict. I don't know the name of it, but it does load when I load the game. I can't blame AMD, I blame more Destiny 2 to make sure the updated drivers work with their alt software they use. 

AsRock x670E Taichi Carrara, 6 tb of WD850 Black, CORSAIR - DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 32GB, 7800x3d, XFX - Mercury AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX Magnetic Air
Happy6700xt
Adept I

Hello
I have a few problems with this version 24.8.1 and yes I did use DDU when I uninstalled the previous version and installed this one
A major one is that the software keeps closing when I launch a game or restart the pc and the custom colors do not apply 
Now you can use them but as soon as you play then they reset , the same goes for when restarting the pc
Now here is something crazy !!!! when restarting the pc or turning on , the the Adrenaline edition will be open and on the last game I played ............. what the ??? ( its also extremely annoying )
And then as I said it closes as in its not minimized or anything , no its closed ! and the custom settings are not there !
Even custom power profiles are missing , like you can see them , but they simply do not work at all
The only custom power profile that works is the Global one 
But for games or programs its basically non existent 
Sorry if it sounds like im contradicting myself, trust me im not
This driver is way better than the old one (especially with minecraft shaders), yes , but when it comes to the Adrenalin edition software ............................. Yeah its a mess , its all crazy and does not work correctly 

May I make a video and upload it to youtube in the following days and show the problems ? and pose the link here?
I would be better to comprehend when im talking about

Also when clicking on record and stream in the software ,,,, it hangs ...... like well over 10 minutes or more before responding and when clicking on settings in that menu, oh boy be prepared to wait another 15 minutes or more ( this hanging problem thou is only for recording & stream ) when you click on it
It records just fine , its only when you click on it within adrenaline edition software

My system
Windows 10

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

Cooler NZXT Kraken 120
Mainboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2
GPU AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
Soundcard Sound Blaster X3 Hi
-Res External USB DAC and Amp
Memory 2x16 gb
(32gb total) DDR4 G.Skill DDR4-4000 MHZ
Drives SanDisk Extreme PRO M
.2 Gen3 NVMe 500GB
Mushkin Vortex PCIe M
.2 Gen4 NVMe 2TB
PSU Asus tuff 750watt Bronze
Case Cougar Archon
-2-mesh-rgb
Screen DELL S2722DGM 165 HZ
(edited)

And No im not going to go win 11, I would rather go full Manjaro (and thats the hard one) before I go to win11
The amount of hate I have for Microsoft spyware and them messing with my pc in general ,,,, there are no words for it , thats how much I hate it

And yeah the previous version of adrenaline edition 24.6.1 software worked fine and did not have these issues
Alas the driver itself of 24.8.1 is better than 24.6.1
But yeah the graphics and power profiles not working properly and the sotware that keeps opening itself .... yeah its .... bad
Work is pretty busy so I will check within a day or 2 for a reply

These are pretty serious problems and as I have search thru the internet I can see that there are many users with the same problem and there are no solutions 
Sooo......... help please

Reverted back to driver version 24.6.1 and all the above problems went away

ambrose
Challenger

Hello All,

Have a Issue I have a New Set up AM5 And all is working fine when I shut the PC down Completely, But When I use the Sleep function for Some reason the AMD Control Panel always gives me the Message about Radeon Over-Lay... Why?  I haven't had this happen to me yet but when I did this on my AM4 set Up similar would happen but at times it would decide I needed to install the Driver/Control Panel all over again as it would default to 720p.

AMD What is going on, do you not test this stuff before you let it out in the wild, I can't believe I am the only AMD user this has happened to.

Cheers, AMD4EVR, Work Hard Play Harder

P.S. Another thing I forgot to mention Which I know isn't an AMD Thing jus thought someone might have an Idea. When booting up the PC my Back Lite Keyboard acts normal, When coming out of sleep mode, it won't light up until I am actually on my desktop ???

Not sure about the overlay thing but you can try disabling the xbox game bar and xbox controller thing just disable everything in there in both things, yes it should be all together but trust me its not they are the same but they are separate 
also windows has its own overlay also
I think they are probably clashing because everything has to have an overlay these days , even the overlay has an overlay ,bec why bec overlay bec microsoft because stupid because overlay 
Its like a sick meme joke that somehow found its way into the real world and for some reason its being forced onto us the user and you need to call apon all the forces or merlin and the knights of the round table in order to disable it or just to have it function correctly ..... until there is another update and then you have to do it all over again 

Anyway
Regarding the USB thing
I have noticed a similar issue and it was not there before
It seems its a Bios / USB3 / Microsoft thing
Because I dont see it happening under linux or old usb 2.0 systems
or remembering I had this problem before I did the bios update
Its possible it has to do with the secure boot in the bios 
But yeah its also very very annoying because its almost like it happens at random 
I have had to manually power down the system before because the mouse and keyboard just were well off  and nothing helped in regards to plugging it in and out , but restarting and then everything worked again

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, Xbox Stuff Disabled as are edge services. As for the Keyboard thing it's definitely a Sleep mode thing because again I have to get to my desktop and then it's fine, but like you if I reboot or Boot from scratch it works normal,  

So xbox Shut off but still happens even now before I came here, if I didn't look at my Windows bar I wouldn't know but, There it is the window I go to it and Same message as before. I know it's not the end of the world But I am the type of person if it isn't supposed to do that It irritates me that it does.

So What now???

mmmhhhhh, do you really need to use sleep mode or hibernation ?
It just takes up space and ultimately causes crashes 
, infact it actually goes into hibernation even if you turn off your pc
You can check this by opening the task manager and navigate over to performance and click on the cpu , there you will see the uptime and number of processes , for example myself I am running around 110 , if you are running more then there is allot of bloatware on your pc
Most people run well over 240 processes
(it comes with windows ,,,,, soooooo much bloatware/spyware thanks Microsoft .....)
This could also be the issue
not to mention taking up resources 
Anyway to disable the hibernation file 
Open CMD as admin
type
powercfg.exe /hibernate off
and then press Enter
Keep in mine disabling the hibernation file wont get rid of the bloatware , thats a while other topic , but not to difficult to solve, but I would rather not have to type it out , its better to chat on discord regarding that
Also it would help if you shared your system stats like what I did at my post

Also it might be another usb device that could be causing a short , I have noticed my external sound card does not like being on a dongle/sharing a port
Keyboard should be fine, but it depends what you have connected with it

Mind you I have seen some things.... horrible things, like people, woke up one day , looked at they pc and choose violence 

Hello,

It's a convenience thing and I used Windows sense 7 so Like you I am use to the bloatware. It's definitely a Programing issue because it never did this until these Last couple AMD Updates. I contacted them and their Fix??? was don't use Sleep mode??? I told them, But it's an option for me so why Can't I. The problem is your side, so FIX it

Thx for the reply, Well I guess I have to put up with it,

Cheers, AMD4EVR, Work Hard Play Harder

-SABRE-
Journeyman III

Hello, guys! 

I recently tried to change my FAN curve in Adrenalin - Tuning but my Graphics card is ignoring this curve at high temps. What I mean if I use it to set an idle RPMs it is working fine but when under load it spins so much faster that I set it and I can't overcome it(like I set my max %RPM at 80% at 90 degrees but it spins at 93% at 80 degrees). I tried to clean uninstall Adrenalin and the instal the new one and some issues with other things like VSync were solved but this Fan Tuning is not woking sadly.

Personally I think it maybe a problem with the GPU BIOS that is set the fans to spin that fast if the GPU hits some "crucial" temp, but I do not really want to modify it right now. 

btw. 93% at 80 degrees - 80 C is a hot-spot temp, GPU is like 68 C.

Bluеy
Journeyman III

After I updated my drivers Cemu doesn't run with Vulkan anymore showing a "amdvlk64.dll" error when launching. Screenshot 2024-09-26 163938.png

achilles2099
Adept I

DON'T INSTALL! Crashes your computer! 

Try the next version, 24.9.1 just came out today.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

YEAH and it sucks just as bad as 24.8.1

0 Likes

Please do not insult the driver developers.  Maybe instead you can offer solutions for games that have problems with the driver updates.

0 Likes
ambrose
Challenger

Well It finally loads up like it always Did, now And I don't have to Wait ages for it to load when I come out of Sleep Mode.

As for all the AMD Users that still complain, You realize that MS caters to Intel right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVpv-EpEoGM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRNo-yYeDu0