cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

TheSovietXman
Newcomer

7800 XT Preventing PC From Booting

Update: Tried switching GPUs with my roommates older PC. His GPU (Nvidia 780Ti) works in my PC and my GPU works in his PC. Very odd.

Just put together my new PC and am unable to get a monitor signal/load the BIOS whenever I connect my 7800 XT. BIOS loads just fine if I pull out the GPU and switch the HDMI to the motherboard. Also, none of the motherboard debug lights come on. I've tried flashing the BIOS, resetting CMOS, and checking every connector, but nothing works. What should I do?

I doubt it matters, but here's my specs:

Mobo: MSI B650M-A Wifi

GPU: XFX Radeon RX 7800 XT

CPU: Ryzen 7600X

RAM: Silicon Power DDR5 (2x16) 6000 CL30

Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 750W

6 Replies
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

In the bios you might have to point the system to look for the GPU first instead of having it on auto.

Ryzen 7800X3D - Radeon 7900XT - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

I will try. Do you have any idea where I might be able to find that setting/what it might be called?

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Probably in the advanced tab under integrated graphics configuration or maybe integrated peripherals. I'm not sure about your bios layout but if you search in BIOS for integrated graphics, it should come up, or do a google search on your motherboard to find the location.

Ryzen 7800X3D - Radeon 7900XT - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

Unfortunately this hasn't worked. I've contacted MSI support, I have absolutely no idea what to do.

0 Likes
Bmacek01
Adept I

Also make sure that the GPU is fully seated in the PCIE slot and the 12v power connecter is fully seated to the GPU.

It's pretty basic stuff, but I've been fooled before thinking that I was 100% plugged in.

0 Likes

Unfortunately I've checked every connection a billion times. The fact that a different GPU works perfectly fine in the PC rules out the PSU in mind. My GPU also works completely fine in another system, so I have no idea what's going on.

0 Likes