cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

DangerZonePCs
Journeyman III

5500GT Entry Level WS

So I am receiving my new 5500GT APU today for a content project for my YouTube and Twitch. I am building a WS for my little PC building and Repair business I do on the side, That way I am not using my Gaming rig more than it needs to be. So I am looking at just suggestions on how to go about doing this the right way. The plan is to make Episodes where I build and then upgrade here and there. I will eventually get my exact dream beast work station which will be on the AM5 platform. 

Now the reason why I went with the 5500GT is because it fit my current budget and helps me relieve my gaming PC for doing tasks I dont need it too do. It also gives me the opportunity to do a review on the new 5500GT. Which will also be a first for my channels. I really want to get deeper with doing build videos and reviews if possible even when streaming on Twitch. 

Here is my specs for the entry level WS. 

• APU- 5500GT
  • MOBO- Gigabyte UD B550-M K
  • RAM- Corsair 16GB 3200
  • Storage- 500GB 2.5" Boot Drive, 2TB 2.5" ssd data drive, 3TB WD Red NAS HDD Data drive
  • GPU- N/A
  • PSU- 500W EVGA 
  • CASE- Antec (donated from my boss) installing a StarTech 3 bay hotswap

This WS is going to be doing Drive backups, cloning, remote tech support, and other little processes that wont be very impactive.  

1 Solution
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Your AMD 5500 GT is a low-power APU and the 500 Watt PSU should be able to handle it.  When you do add in a GPU, your PSU will likely require an upgrade too.  With this APU, you should probably stick to 1080p display resolution when you measure frame rates and such.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Your AMD 5500 GT is a low-power APU and the 500 Watt PSU should be able to handle it.  When you do add in a GPU, your PSU will likely require an upgrade too.  With this APU, you should probably stick to 1080p display resolution when you measure frame rates and such.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Let's see some build pictures.  I always take lots of pictures when I put a machine together.

0 Likes