Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

SubtleIQ
Adept III

1st...

Hello Everyone,

1st:  Sorry Ive been a stranger again...I joined this community 2 years ago, and I must say it is a very nice one.

2nd:  I switched my case for my Portable Gaming Build.

I am now using the GEEEK Mini SFX ITX Aluminium Alloy G1-SE M8 M5 C2 C4 A4.  All Air, no AIO.

Temps are a little higher cpu wise, but cpu never goes above 50, and the GPU as far as I remember never goes above 55.

I flipped the internal mounting cage, so that the GPU sits down in the PCI slot vs upside down.

This prevents the issue i was having with the Lian Li A4-H2O case.  Since the GPU is mounted upside down, with all the  extra handling everyday

the GPU occasionally becomes slightly unseated causing overheating/shutdowns.

I eventually figured this out.

When I get back home I might post pictures of the new case.

I really like both cases, If I was using either case at home I would have no issues.

The reason I might post pictures of the new case... it never occurred to me if I might be able to flip the internal mounting cage in the H20.

If I can, I will use the H20 instead, since the magnetic side panels on the GEEEK slip out of place with all the extra handling.

So if you desire to build a PC with either case I recommend either of them as long as you plan to keeping it stationary.

DO NOT use the Lian Li Galahad II Trinity 240MM in the H20.  The way the tubing is mounted is not compatible with the case.

Honestly do yourself a favor get the Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 chromax and some 120MM fans.  You'll have

zero worries with temps and also will never have to worry when you will eventually have to replace the AIO.

Also do not flip the internal mounting cage in the GEEEK,  I know I said I did, but I will have to post a picture for you to understand.

I just have to wait until I get home again.

I  hope everyone is doing well...

Happy Gaming Everyone !

Michael Alan Horton
1 Reply
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Thanks for the suggestions.  It's hard to visualize without pictures, so we'll await your update to include pictures when you are able to take them.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes