cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

What's your favorite peripheral?

We've had a few posts in the day that mention our community members' favorite keyboards, desk gadgets, and the like, and I'm curious to bring it back now that we're halfway through 2024!

To be specific, however, I'm interested in what your favorite peripheral is. (Keyboards, Mice, Headsets, Mics, Speakers, etc.)

Currently, I'm very much enjoying my Mountain Everest Max modular keyboard. I was talking to a member in the Red Team Discord server about this keyboard the other week and was able to get my hands on one finally.

Love how customizable it is and how I'm able to remove/move the numpad around as well as the media dock.

MountainBoard.jpg

So what's one of your favorite PC accessories/peripherals? 

14 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

That is a beautiful keyboard.  

As for my favorite peripheral, it would have to be the Klipsch 2.1 Pro-Media computer speakers.  I actually own eleven sets, as all my gaming machines have them.  For the money, there is no better value in sound quality.

Bought another set recently for my 'Wine-Cool' mod.  Check it out here:  https://community.amd.com/t5/red-team-modders/modding-a-cuisinart-wine-fridge-i-mean-why-not-mod-a-wine-fridge/m-p/690249Bought another set recently for my 'Wine-Cool' mod. Check it out here: https://community.amd.com/t5/red-team-modders/modding-a-cuisinart-wine-fridge-i-mean-why-not-mod-a-wine-fridge/m-p/690249

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

I have these as well! Got them on sale at a great price. Definitely great value here.

johnnyenglish
Big Boss

That keyboard looks a lot like the RoG Claymore II. Modular design.

But I would have to say my multi connection RoG Strix Go 2.4 headset. Wireless, jack, USB, carrying case for travel, 2 mics one being detachable, noise cancelling, you have it all!

I use it on my Computer, RoG phone, gameboy and a long battery for that extended game session.

Love it!

The Englishman
Axxemann
Forerunner

Big fan of my Steelseries Apex 5 keyboard and Aerox 9 mouse. Went with the Aerox 9 to make Stratagem call-ins easier in Helldivers 2. Macro binds FTW!

Also loving my JBL Quantum 910 headset. Great audio, and I've been a JBL user since my car audio days. JBL mids and tweets, Rockford Fosgate subs and Phoenix Gold amps... with a Kenwood deck. I blew all the glass out of my 83 S-15 Jimmy at an SPL comp with that gear. 😄

At work I have a Logitech K845 with red switches and an M510 mouse. Mouse is clearly overkill and the clacking of the keys drives EVERYONE at work nuts, but I wanted kit that felt like my gaming setup that the IT pukes would allow (they don't like anything that isn't straight up Plug N Play for peripherals) and Worker's Compensation Board of Alberta reimbursed me for it. Just a cheap HyperX Stinger 2 headset for work, but that thing is way better and comfier than the Microsoft piece of junk I was kitted out with. My old TB PX22 finally died, too. Was using that between the issued headset and the HX showing up.

Gaming setup is clearly my preferred gear, but the Logitech stuff is nice.

Performance over Pretty.
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

You blew the glass out of your truck with JBL mid-range drivers, high-frequency drivers and Fosgate subs?   Were you inside when that happened?  

I used to work at JBL (Northridge, CA) in the late 1970's, but I quit to attend university and get my engineering degree.  I loved their speakers but they were introducing the cheaper line of speakers that were being manufactured in China.  Anyway, the professional line was top notch.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Yep. Had ear-pro on, was wearing my Oakley Eye Jackets, but I was covered in glass shards. I don't think I inhaled too many. 4x 21" Subwoofers move a TON of air, especially with properly built sub boxes.

Performance over Pretty.

Optimizing for the Hellsivers 2 experience made me laugh. I respect it! As a former WoW player, I couldn't have enough macro binds so I totally get it.

0 Likes
Eudicots
Adept III

My favorite would be my Arctis Nova Pro Wireless. I love how you can be connected to multiple devices and it only takes one button press to switch from gaming to answering my phone. I just haven't seen any other wireless headset that is as convenient and easy to use. 

TR2
Adept III

I have a pair of Jamo S803 speakers with a SMSL SU-1 DAC (optical hookup) and a Fosi Audio V3 for power. I have looked into the DAC (Digital to analog converter) on the mobo (Asrock Steel Legend B550) and really can not figure out the DAC on the motherboard without doing a major breakdown of the board.  I can tell you the headphone DAC is N5532 chip.  I do know that the SMSL makes a world of difference. I was using the on board DAC and the Klipsch 2.1 Pro media BT speakers but they can not hold a candle to my current set up. Sound stage, clarity, and the quality of the sound is so much better. In the gaming ranks how much does audio play into the game experience? I think audio has been kind of left behind. I have been around PCs for a while and remember Turtle Beach, Creative, and Cirrus Logic  sound cards and have to wonder why this feature has become cast aside. These are not expensive audio parts maybe $100 more that the cost of the Klipsch Pro Media speakers alone. You could use powered speakers like the Klipsch 40M or 50M and then you would only need a the SMSL DAC. The upgrade to the media listening aspect  alone is worth the upgrade.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Good suggestions.  I favor the Klipsch 2.1 Pro-Media speakers to pair with the integrated sound of the motherboard due to costs and my degraded hearing at age 65.  I used to work at JBL in Northridge, California for a few years in the late 1970's before going to university full time to earn my BSEE and then the MSEE.  Quality sound was something I could appreciate 40+ years ago but not so much anymore.  I used to have problems with sound cards and their interrupt request configurations.  I know those are now issues of the past.  I bet your Jamo S803 speakers are exceptional.  

BigTacious
Adept III

def my audio setup. JDS Labs Atom AMP + DAC, and my Senny HD 560S. I also use my HD6XX for singleplayer games since it offers a warmer sound and more intimate soundstage. But the 560S is incredible as well, especially for multiplayer games.

5900X | Sapphire Nitro 7900XTX | 64gb RAM 3600mhz CL16 | x570 TUF WiFi

I've heard so many good things about Sennheiser cans - how's the over-the-ear comfort?

yeah so the clamping force is tight for the first few weeks, but sennheiser's are generally incredibly light and comfortable.

5900X | Sapphire Nitro 7900XTX | 64gb RAM 3600mhz CL16 | x570 TUF WiFi
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Hands down my monitor, ROG PG48UQ OLED. The difference between an OLED like this and anything else is night and day. Little pricey, but you get 138hz @ 4k and everything looks absolutely gorgeous. I do want to get a set of pro media 2.1 speakers though.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED