cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

cirnik
Newcomer

what monitor to choose that would work with low end gpu and be good for the future with better gpu

Hello, i've been wanting a new monitor but after looking for one i started having alot of questions because im worried my 2gb vram gpu wont handle it. Currently im still using an old LG full hd 60hz 5ms monitor for about 5 years or so, its still working fine except some minor scratches on the LCD which dont really bother. But im kinda tempted for a higher refresh rate monitor like a 120 or even 144hz. Sales are about to start soon and this would be a perfect time to get my hands on a new monitor and save some money, but scared that i might bottleneck my pc with a good monitor and end up having poor quality images,colours and games will be stuttering or something. I am planning on upgrading to a more powerful gpu in the future, but till then im stuck with this gpu. Need some advice what should i pick or is a 120/144hz monitor with this gpu is a no go and i could only go for 75 hz instead

13b9cb808e18edd5ea80fff3625432c6

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Hi @cirnik ! Welcome to the Red Team! (Hi @GreatnessRD )

I agree with @GreatnessRD. The monitor can/should handle anything since it's an output device.

That being said, assuming you are planning to play games, and knowing you are planning to upgrade your GPU soon, I suggest you pick your favorite brand, then pick the size, followed by curved vs. flat, and finally the refresh rate. 

I've used both MSI and ASUS monitors in the past, and like them equally. Never had an issue with any of them. 

About size, I have a 34" curved monitor now, and love it. But they're above your price range, so I suggest you the following:

Asus VP249QGR 24" (144Hz) 1920 x 1080 (FreeSync) - It's about $180

MSI Optix G24C4 24" (144Hz) 1920 x 1080 Curved! - It's about $190

I hope this helps...

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

View solution in original post

5 Replies
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

What's your budget, desired resolution and screen size? And your monitor will handle whatever you throw at it far as I'm aware, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
0 Likes

My current monitor is 22 inches, 1920 1080 FHD so im looking for same resolution. Found couple options for 100-150$ price range and its either 75 hz 120 hz or 144hz, I just havent decided which option would be safe incase the GPU couldnt handle high refresh rates and give my pc problems. Since im hoping to upgrade to a better GPU in future I dont want to buy a 60hz again and not get full potential from GPU

0 Likes
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Hi @cirnik ! Welcome to the Red Team! (Hi @GreatnessRD )

I agree with @GreatnessRD. The monitor can/should handle anything since it's an output device.

That being said, assuming you are planning to play games, and knowing you are planning to upgrade your GPU soon, I suggest you pick your favorite brand, then pick the size, followed by curved vs. flat, and finally the refresh rate. 

I've used both MSI and ASUS monitors in the past, and like them equally. Never had an issue with any of them. 

About size, I have a 34" curved monitor now, and love it. But they're above your price range, so I suggest you the following:

Asus VP249QGR 24" (144Hz) 1920 x 1080 (FreeSync) - It's about $180

MSI Optix G24C4 24" (144Hz) 1920 x 1080 Curved! - It's about $190

I hope this helps...

Sam
Your biggest fan!
Volkdude85
Challenger

I agree 🙂

Sam
Your biggest fan!