cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

PapaJohnald
Adept I

Ryzen 7600 GPU Pairing

Hey all, found this community and thought it would be a good place to ask for part recommendations. Specifically which gpu would pair well with a Ryzen 7600 to hit "good" frame rates at 1440p. I don't plan on this machine being used for work or production purposes so the Ryzen 7600 non x was appealing.

Any recommendations are welcome, I was really leaning towards the Radeon 7800xt. It would be great to know if I can go with a lower tier gpu for 1440p in this case.

Thanks!

8 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I think you can find a Radeon 7900 XT for just over $700 USD right now.  If you want the lowest price level of 1440p gaming, then I wouldn't go below the 7800 XT (which you can find for around $500 USD).

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Yeah I need to see if I can finesse a 7900xt. The 7800xt at $500 is definitely more digestible, just need to rationalize if the performance uplift is worth it on the 7900xt.

allpurposesauce
Journeyman III

My recommendation will always be to buy the most expensive GPU you can fit in your budget without stretching (or sacrificing) too much.

If you're building from scratch, a general rule of thumb is that the cost of your GPU + CPU should be around 50% of your total budget.

The 7800xt & 7900xt are great GPUs and I recommend them for 1440p gaming, as BigAl mentioned. You could also look at older GPUs such as the 6950xt or 6800xt, both are great value.

Hope this helps? Good luck on your build!

jaandoh
Challenger

When I need to buy a vga card, I always consult the radeon gpu Wikipedia page, and cross reference the specs... 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_graphics_processing_units

I went for the 7800xt aiming for a mid level card. 

I learned a lesson from buying the top end gpu where the resale diminishes it's value too much. 

And I feel it's important to go with the most modern card you can afford. 

Like the Rx7xxx are are all RDNA3 

And the Rx 6xxx are all RDNA2

My old card was a Vega 64 but it's easily out-performed by a baseline Rx7xxx (Rx7600) hence the more modern ones have better performance and consume less power too. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went with the 7800XT in my new AM5 7600 build.

Excellent 1440p game performance.

20231029_160939 (1).jpgFS extreme rank.jpg

I like that RGB on your card. 

As far as I can see, I don't have any RGB on my card 😭😂

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I love that heatsink design.  

Red Devil AMD Radeon™ RX 7800 XT 16GB GDDR6 Limited EditionRed Devil AMD Radeon™ RX 7800 XT 16GB GDDR6 Limited Edition

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".