cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Razer Display

My brother is set on getting this display for the PC I am building on Sunday for him. https://www.razer.com/gaming-monitors/razer-raptor-27-165hz

cpurpe91_1-1701349945725.png

Does anyone here have one, and are there any drawbacks or bugs that I should let him know about?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
6 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I have never heard of THX® Certified visual clarity" before.  I know about THX® Certified audio performance, such as the Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 computer speaker systems.  I don't know if it's needed but is QHD resolution high enough?  Maybe it is for a 27" panel.  I like that it's an IPS panel.  I have never owned one due to the high cost. Since it is currently $400 USD (50% discount), now is the time to buy it if he really wants it.  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

It sounds like a really good idea, THX for video... 

I would guess that taking the original concept THX for audio, and how it clears the audio by filtering/stripping out all the spurious noise which wasn't in the source signal.. 

Thinking about it, then the video would work the same? Maybe a solution like that could stop those daft pixels that appear on some screens from time to time, I can't remember the name for them, embolism or something like that...

quentincrews
Adept II

Does it act as a USB-C hub? I like being able to use my monitors as USB/USB-C hubs for USB-A equipment like webcams, keyboard and mouse wireless dongles, etc.

Otherwise it looks pretty nice, ergonomically (VESA mount and height-adjustable stand) and the display itself, although 27” is a bit big for 1440p for my taste.

You would hate my 32" 1440p display. lol I personally love it. As for the USB ports, I am not certain how many the Razer display has, but that is actually a good idea.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
quentincrews
Adept II

I have a Dell Ultrasharp U2518D 1440p that’s 25 inches which I feel is the perfect size for that resolution, although I haven’t figured out a way yet to comfortably set up a second monitor next to it. Easier with my 2x24” 1920x1200 at work. Just a tad smaller.

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

How has the display worked out so far? Happy with it

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED