cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

New Display Time?

Hello. I have been looking to upgrade my display for a while now and one that I really like is now available. The Corsair Xeneon 32QHD240 is now $690 with tax. I am curious though. Do any of you know of any 1440p IPS high refresh rate displays that might sway my decision. 

The selling point for me, for this display, is the 32" screen the 1440p resolution with over 144hz refresh rate, Freesync Premium and HDR600. It also helps that I can use pay in 4, and only spend roughly $345 this month and again next month. I am pretty sure this model allows for both HDR and Freesync enabled at the same time as it uses DP 1.4. 

Are there any less expensive displays that offer a similar combination of features? 

What displays are you looking at or using? 

What features make a must have display for you? 

Thanks for your input. I have roughly 8 hours until I make the purchase.

CORSAIR XENEON 32QHD240 Gaming Monitor

-CM-9020002-NA-Gallery-CM-9020002-NA-01.jpg

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
7 Replies
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Sorry that I've seen this thread late, but you have a real solid monitor purchase incoming. Rtings spoke highly of it and I think Jayztwocents used it as a daily driver for a while, if that means anything.

What I look for in a monitor is high refresh and lowest input latency with while being an amazing looker. I have an Acer Nitro that sold me a bill of good posing as a 0.5ms monitor, but its actually a 2ms one even with "Overdrive"

But I think you'll enjoy your purchase. Congrats

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

I am also late to the game here BUT I think that monitor is so nice. If you can spend the money, it'll be worth! 

The ones I use currently are: 

• LG - 27" Full HD Gaming Monitor (primary gaming monitor)  
    • 144Hz - 2560 x 1440
      • The ASUS one below was my main previous and this LG one changed my life. I could see so much more in games. 
  • ASUS - 27" - I was gifted this so unsure what it is  
    • 75Hz - 1440 x 2560 

Can't wait to hear about your purchase when you get it! Let us know how it is 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
ajlueke
Grandmaster

One of the key things for me, is that it is rated as Gsync Compatible, which that monitor is.  While Freesync Premium and Premium Pro have far more stringent requirements than the original Freesync, the official Gsync Compatible badge is tough to get.  That ensures that the monitor will have a consistent gamma across different refresh rates and ensures none of that annoying flickering when Freesync is enabled.

Vynski
Exemplar

NICE!  I have a lot of Corsair.  You also got a good price.  

I first thought you were going to say the XNEON FLEX.

I was surprised that you didn't go with the 4K, but I guess the $300 price difference needs no explanation. 

Your going to enjoy it a lot.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Thanks everyone. I am so excited to get a monitor that can actually stress my RX 6800 XT a little bit. Don't get me wrong. 1080p is still the king when it comes to value, but I had to splurge a little bit.

1080p 240hz was a good deal for my Acer Predator 27", but I think my RX 6800 XT can handle a bit higher resolution than that. I am going to be selling that display for $150 to $200 depending on if I sell it to my brother or a close friend, so I will be making back a chunk of change. 

I'm excited.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

Oh the 6800 XT can for sure handle 1440p and then some. Even though it went from a top 5 card to a top 10-ish card in two years, it's still king of price to performance! And I plan on rocking mine until '26 or '27.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

idk

Ryzen 3 3250U supremacy
0 Likes