Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

Key-J
Paragon

Need a new mouse - what do you love?

So,

After 13 wonderful years, my Razer Deathadder V1 has finally kicked the bucket.

Now I am on the lookout for a new mouse, and was hoping to use the amazing Hive Mind that is the AMD Red Team.

Can you give me your suggestion for mouse and one reason why you love it.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
12 Replies
Axxemann
Forerunner

You can always get another Deathadder. I keep my V2 as a spare.

Steelseries Aerox are great too. I love my Aerox 9. It's a chonker in terms of size, but it's feather light, and TONS of buttons. I bound a bunch of Stratagem macros for HD2.

Performance over Pretty.
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

It is a meme to most people, but the G502 has never steered me wrong.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I have several of the G602 mice.  I use one when gaming in World of Tanks - Blitz.  It works very well for me, but I need to pull out the batteries when not using it.  Yes, it has an on / off switch, but the batteries will still drain over time, as in a few months.  Some sort of parasitic current path I suspect.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Late to the party @Key-J - but I will second the G502. Bought another one when my first one started to dwindle down.

What I love about it:

• Feel/Comfort
  • Easy DPI adjustment (button on the mouse itself)
  • Extra buttons for macros (handy in games like WoW)
  • Adjustable weight (can add or remove weights to change the feel/speed)
  • Software - the Logitech software it comes with has been pretty solid. RGB settings, DPI settings, macro settings, etc.
  • Charges relatively fast and lasts a good while before needing another.

What I'm not to keen on:

• It has great rubber gripping on the sides, but as a gamer... my hands sweat. So that sweat/gunk gets in the nooks and crannies of the grip and the mouse itself. As long as you give it a little cleaning once a week, you should be good.
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

A good mouse for me may not be the best fot others but I would take these into consideration.

- I don't like ambidextrous designs, so I go for the simple right hand only mouse with curvature, feels like a perfect fit for me.

- Big and Heavy Weight but good sliding pads, replaceable if possible. It must slide with little effort.

- Multi Connection when I want to sit on the couch and wired for regular use.

- Macros and customizable buttons, ease of use during video editing.

- Capability to fast change profiles, less dpi, more dpi, slow movement for precision, higher polling rate.

- Spare parts, good if the right mouse button starts to bust.

Ended Up with a RoG Gladius II Origin that doesn't have the multi connection but was thinking to change it to the RoG Chakram that even got Qi Charging.

The Englishman

You might really dig the Aerox 9, apart from the fact it's barely more than 100 grams. When I first started using it I thought I wasn't going to like the weight, but the lighter mouse feels much more snappy, especially at high polling and dpi. The bulky frame helps too. It's a pretty big mouse for its mass, so it fits my rather large palms perfectly... better than the Deathadder in fact. 12 side buttons, scroll wheel tilt, adjustable DPI presets... ALL THE GOODIES!!!! Only thing I truly hate: the $200CAD price tag. 

Performance over Pretty.
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

That mouse looks really cool. I would not get it though because cat fur. lol

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

I have a cat. No issues. 

Performance over Pretty.
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Sweet. I am going to have to look into that when my G502 disintegrates. 

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I'm in love with my Razer Basilisk V3 pro. Tons of customization options and it's super smooth.

Ryzen 7800X3D - Radeon 7900XT - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
Rubeerology
Adept III

Sometimes havin' poor posture in my wrists during gamin' or just in general lead me to enjoy the world of verticality! We are not sponsored by the Logitech Brand but we use it to reduce wrist tension/pain by tryin' somethin new. Let me know what ya think of Logitech's Vertical MX 100 ! haha Mx100.jpgDelta Force Thumbnail 3.jpg

Key-J
Paragon

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Appreciate the unique input everyone brings to the table - still researching the ones you suggested.

I'd be happy to take more suggestions, and of course will update when I finally decide.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!