cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

G.SKILL introduces Trident Z5 Royal Neo Ultra-Low Latency DDR5-6000 CL28 kits with AMD EXPO

It won't be available until August 2024 (Well actually, that starts tomorrow!), but this fast memory kit is one you might want to look for.  I bet it will cost a pretty penny!

Maybe the fastest memory kit you can buy for your AM5 system?Maybe the fastest memory kit you can buy for your AM5 system?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
5 Replies
rtbh99
Challenger

isnt 6000 cl30 more desirable because it syncs with the infinity fabric or something?

---
lets talk about rtbh99
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I don't know.  Good question.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

Simplifying the thing.

CAS Latency is how many clock cycles takes to output info and FCLK refers to Infinity fabric that should run stock at half the memory rated speed.

CL (memory timings) it doesnt relate to infinity fabric.

But CL28 is not that low, however, I guess that you can tweak it lower afterwards.

I had luck with my gskill kit, CL36 stock, lowered to 32 and now 30.

The Englishman
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Here's some detail on the Infinity Fabric (IF).

It's dated 2017 though and doesn't address DDR5 memory.  With regard to DDR4 memory, we have:

The DRAM is attached to the DDR4 interface which is attached to the Unified Memory Controller (UMC). There are two Unified Memory Controllers (UMC) for each of the DDR channels which are also directly connected to the SDF. It's worth noting that all SDF components run at the DRAM's MEMCLK frequency. For example, a system using DDR4-2133 would have the entire SDF plane operating at 1066 MHz. This is a fundamental design choice made by AMD in order to eliminate clock-domain latency.

0 Likes
Hiramabiff
Challenger

I would so love that. that would rock on a white/black build

AsRock x670E Taichi Carrara, 6 tb of WD850 Black, CORSAIR - DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 32GB, 7800x3d, XFX - Mercury AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX Magnetic Air