cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

Elsa rx580

so my wife purchased me an Elsa RX580 gpu and was wondering if anyone has ever heard and or used one of these before and if it was a good purchase for a budget build pc? Thank you for your time.

1 Solution
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I would give this site a read.  There could be some issues, such as overclocking it to make an RX 570 into the RX 580, but other things are possible.  It's an older series of course.  It probably will work fine in a budget build PC.  Now please explain why your wife would suddenly purchase this card?  Did you do something to earn it, like rake the leaves?

Pretty cheap for a video card.  Is it new, old, over-clocked, or what?Pretty cheap for a video card. Is it new, old, over-clocked, or what?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I would give this site a read.  There could be some issues, such as overclocking it to make an RX 570 into the RX 580, but other things are possible.  It's an older series of course.  It probably will work fine in a budget build PC.  Now please explain why your wife would suddenly purchase this card?  Did you do something to earn it, like rake the leaves?

Pretty cheap for a video card.  Is it new, old, over-clocked, or what?Pretty cheap for a video card. Is it new, old, over-clocked, or what?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

She bought it for me because I do a lot of games and streaming stuff on my pc. I mostly use games and streaming as like a therapy type stress reliever, and she knew I didn't technically have a dedicated gpu so she wanted to surprise me with one but being on a tight budget she thought it would be ok lol.

I think you married the right woman.  Let us know if the video card works well for you.

0 Likes

So I’ve had the card for about a week now and it’s doing really good. Not having any issues with it got it installed properly and now I just have to upgrade my monitors to take full advantage of the graphics lol

Great.  Nice to see deals work out for everyone.

0 Likes