cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

Ao1kami
Journeyman III

Cooling system for 7900X

Hello everyone, hope You all doing fine this fine day|night.

I would like to ask for advice - its so happened that i will be building a pc with Ryzen 7900X tomorrow and I only have 2 options for a cooling right now.. Those options are Be Quiet Pure Loop 240mm AIO or Noctua famous NH-D15 - what would be better choice here? Thanks for any advice ^ ^

2 Solutions
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I would go with the AIO.  I've never seen one of my CPUs get hot when it's being cooled by an AIO.  Sometimes they are difficult to mount to the CPU though, so have patience.  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

View solution in original post

johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Hi, from my experience with these 2 power hungry CPUs. I own a 7950X.

You should plan on getting a 360 sized AIO water cooler.

Sure, the 240 can make it, I have one on my 7950X but if you want to run it unrestrained (stock) or tweaked you will end up in the throttle zone real fast.

I have mine really well fine tuned so it won't go out of control.

This means, curve optimizer, undervolting, ecomode and a little bit here and there to push boosting while keeping it under 85ish Celsius.

Good luck 

The Englishman

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I would go with the AIO.  I've never seen one of my CPUs get hot when it's being cooled by an AIO.  Sometimes they are difficult to mount to the CPU though, so have patience.  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Hi, from my experience with these 2 power hungry CPUs. I own a 7950X.

You should plan on getting a 360 sized AIO water cooler.

Sure, the 240 can make it, I have one on my 7950X but if you want to run it unrestrained (stock) or tweaked you will end up in the throttle zone real fast.

I have mine really well fine tuned so it won't go out of control.

This means, curve optimizer, undervolting, ecomode and a little bit here and there to push boosting while keeping it under 85ish Celsius.

Good luck 

The Englishman
Ao1kami
Journeyman III

Thanks alot! Im guessing than I'll go with Pure Loop from Be Q, and later down the line will upgrade for smthing more efficient and powerfull when it becomes possible ^ ^