Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

blazek
Volunteer Moderator

AMD RDNA 3 to be unveiled November 3rd

45 Replies

lmao what? Nvidia doesn't care what Radeon does pricing wise at all this generation.

They could top Nvidia's performance by 15%, be within 10% of them with RT performance, and Nvidia would still be unconcerned.

Nvidia has completely won the creator space mindshare, it would imo take 2 generations of Radeon beating Nvidia's best by at least 10% at all resolutions, being within 10% of Nvidia's RT performance, as well as selling ~320 (20%) cheaper than Nvidia, and to fix their productive suite issues so that content creators are more willing to pick them up and run them in their own rigs.

Just look back at how the Ryzen series played out. Which generation did AMD break the Intel Mindshare? It took amazing price to performance, a crazy platform lifespan AND their competition to screw up (11th gen Intel) Same deal would have to happen in the GPU space, and the 6000 series *may* have been generation 2, but I'd sit more firmly in the group that would say it was generation 1 of that potential cycle.

If Radeon only manages to match Nvidia in performance, while being within $100-200 then imo it would take 5 generations for Nvidia to feel any concern at all.

14900k • Z790 Apex Encore • 4090 • 2x24Gb-8000 • 1200 Corsair Shift • 420mm Arctic II Push-Pull • Noctua • Fractal Torrent • Guilded.gg/justifiers

Hello BLAZEK I'm Jameel Perkins is asking bout the features for AMD RNDA 3 and specs I Just Wanna knows bout them. Please answer?

0 Likes

You're gonna have to wait until November 3rd like the rest of us, pimp, lol.

Also, sidenote! It appears through twitter rumors that AMD will not be using the 12/16 pin connector as initially thought and Jay might've jumped the gun. Let's hope that is true. I think most will be fine with another generation of 3 or 4 8-pin connections.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
SirG
Journeyman III

Hyped for today, can't wait to upgrade my 6800xt

Can't wait to upgrade my 1070.

o7 in local
0 Likes
Majestik
Adept I

n7rsm

7900 XTX, please!