cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

ronniko
Adept I

Today i install new AMD driver Adrenalin Edition 18.10.1 Windows 7 64 bit and my program crush.

My program work with old OpenGL driver. AMD Crimson 17.50.02 for Radeon HD 7950

Old driver create 4.5.13506 Forward-Compatible Context 23.20.15002.11

New driver create 4.5.13541 Core Profile Forward-Compatible Context 25.20.14003.1010

And with new driver my program crush.

My debug show this:

This is load animation (old driver version not get me this errors)

glBindBuffer in a Core context performing invalid operation with parameter <name> set to '0x696e610a' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)
glBindBuffer in a Core context performing invalid operation with parameter <name> set to '0x4d2e6569' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)
glBindBuffer in a Core context performing invalid operation with parameter <name> set to '0xa0d0058' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)
glBindBuffer in a Core context performing invalid operation with parameter <name> set to '0x646e6168' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)

This is load textures:

Using glTexParameteri in a Core context with parameter <pname> and enum '0x8191' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_ENUM)

Using glEnable in a Core context with parameter <cap> and enum '0xde1' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_ENUM)

Using glTexParameteri in a Core context with parameter <pname> and enum '0x8191' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_ENUM)

Using glEnable in a Core context with parameter <cap> and enum '0xde1' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_ENUM)

In fragment shader i using bindless texturs this is get crush.

I write in fragment shader outputColor = vec4(1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0); and my program launch fine.

In old driver i not get this errors and my program run fine.

I fix all errors in Using glTexParameteri in a Core context with parameter <pname> and enum '0x8191' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_ENUM)

But fragment shader crush when using bindless texturs

And debug get me errors:

glGetTextureHandleARB has generated an error (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)

glMakeTextureHandleResidentARB has generated an error (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)

I check return handle bindle texture. Return handle = NULL for all textures.

In old version driver i not get any errors about glGetTextureHandleARB and glMakeTextureHandleResidentARB and get me not NULL handle bindle texture

0 Likes
20 Replies
ronniko
Adept I

Re: Today i install new AMD driver Adrenalin Edition 18.10.1 Windows 7 64 bit and my program crush.

Very funy.

In fragment shader new driver crush on discard !

vec4 t = texture2D(sampler2D(Bindless[uint(BindlessNum)]),UV);

if (t.a <= 0.24) { //t.rgb = ColorRGB;//vec3(0.4,0.45,0)

discard;}

outputColor = t;

Work fine If i write in shader :

vec4 t = texture2D(sampler2D(Bindless[uint(BindlessNum)]),UV);

outputColor = t;

0 Likes
ronniko
Adept I

Re: Today i install new AMD driver Adrenalin Edition 18.10.1 Windows 7 64 bit and my program crush.

I comment discard in my two fragments shaders and my example run fine.

But how be without discard ?

0 Likes
xhuang
Staff
Staff

Hello, Can you share your minimal application that could re-produce all your problems you would like to discuss with us? And what OS are you using?

0 Likes
ronniko
Adept I

Windows 7 64 bit.

Videocard Radeon HD 7950   videoram 3 Gb

Intel I5 2320

My program 32 bit OpenGL 4.5

Today i test how work glEnable(GL_SAMPLE_ALPHA_TO_COVERAGE_ARB)

Work fine.

In some cases glEnable(GL_SAMPLE_ALPHA_TO_COVERAGE_ARB) replaces discard.

In my example in shaders\ps.txt i use discard;  This work fine on AMD Crimson driver 17.50.02. But crush on Adrenalin driver 18.10.1

0 Likes
xhuang
Staff
Staff

Hello,

May I have the source code of your program?

0 Likes
ronniko
Adept I

xhuang did my example work fine on your system  ? And did you run my example on new driver adrenalin 18.10.1 ?

I am use 32 bit bmp images. With alpha channel.

My code.

0 Likes
xhuang
Staff
Staff

Hello, the source code snippet won't be the same to re-produce the problem, it's helpful that you share the complete source code that could be compiled successfully.

0 Likes
ronniko
Adept I

I rewrite minimal example and now discard work fine in fragment shader.

I load one texture.

If i load two or 3 textures and create 2 or 3 bindlless textures my example crush on discard. If i load one texture and create one bindlless my example work.

Problem when i create more then one bindlless texture.

Why bindlless textures crush on discard i not understood.

Without discard all 3 bindlless textures show normal and no any crush.

0 Likes
xhuang
Staff
Staff

Hello ronniko​, the problem when using "discard " in PS would make the app/driver hang/crash has been root-caused and fixed internally. I will verify the fix when the fix some time within 2~3wks and I will give you back the updates.  And the testing cycle for release is quite long,  it will take some time for the fix to go public.