cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

Near76
Journeyman III

Radeon driver crashing Vulkan...

Link to discussion from another AMD forum before being recommended to post here:

Re: Radeon driver crashing Vulkan... - AMD Community

Hello!  The Radeon driver is adding a 'Trigger 6' display adapter as a 2nd 6700XT GPU to vulkaninfo, causing screen to freeze.

In setting up a new Win10 PC w/ radeon 6700xt gpu, as an x-plane simulator, all ran great with vulkan until I added a usb 3.0 to dual HDMI display adapter that uses the Trigger 6 display adapter. I need this for two small 640x480 gauge displays. X-plane instantly freezes upon loading the plane. I've worked with a few others online to get to this point as we troubleshooted the issue. We think we have the culprit, and why I am here asking for help. When I plug in that USB/hdmi device, it shows up in Vulkaninfo incorrectly as a second Radeon 6700xt GPU...I can send the vulkaninfo output if needed. When I unplug it, it goes away and vulkan graphics work again.

Feedback from the Vulkan Dev forum points to the AMD driver as the driver is responsible for finding and setting up the hardware on the system.  All vulkaninfo is doing is calling vkEnumeratePhysicalDevices and printing what was returned.  How can I resolve this, is there a way to not have that 2nd display load as an available GPU to Vulkan?

I am running the latest 21.3.1 driver.  I have also tried rolling back drivers, still does not fix.

1 Reply

Hi Near76,

Can you send us a picture of device manager before plugging in the monitor dongle, and one after you plug in the monitor dongle? And also your system info, and monitor ver

Thanks,

Owen

0 Likes