cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

Adept I

[R7 6800U] Multi-threaded VULKAN application failure

Hi expert,

I found an issue in graphics application programming. The 3D API is VULKAN.

I have a HP notebook equipped with AMD R7 6800U, 16GB DDR5 4800. Win10 22H2, 64bit, no discrete GPU.

I write and debug the application by code-blocks IDE 20.03 for Windows, with prebuilt Mingw-w64 compiler. It is just a multi-threaded rendering demo. I only used the multi-threaded code to create and update the command buffers. When the application runs up, I can only see the black background, and no 3D objects display on the screen. The validation layer had been enabled, but no error or warning information. Another fact is that the same application executable binary can run normally on Intel 7th and 11th Gen CORE i5 with integrated GPU. I only tested on these two Intel platforms now. I had tried to update the GPU driver to the latest version, but no help.

I have many VULKAN based applications developed on this AMD platform. And these applications which do not use multi-threading can run very well. I am sure that all the API calls are strictly checked. The synchronization is also OK because the command buffers are different buffers and allocated from a command pool. And they are queued one by one into the hardware queue before execution in the main thread.

Can you provide me multi-threading demo which had been verified on AMD GPU? Thanks very much.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Owen,

I am sorry. I fixed it at last. The reason is that the depth buffer image was not cleared correctly. But the Intel platform is OK which is very strange.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Hi @8086 ,

Thanks for reporting it. I have whitelisted you and moved the post to the Vulkan forum.

I will forward this issue to the Vulkan team.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi,

Can you upload your multi-threaded rendering demo with source which shows the issue?

There's also many good examples online on this topic, e.g.
https://github.com/SaschaWillems/Vulkan/blob/master/examples/multithreading/multithreading.cpp

Thanks,

Owen

0 Likes

Owen,

Thanks, I will refer to the example first.

0 Likes

Hi Owen,

Did you test the Sascha's example? I had referred to his source code. Now I still think there should be something wrong in the graphics driver side. Intel platform always OK. Vulkan SDK version is 1.2.162.1. Can you compile his multi-threading example and test on R7 6800U?

0 Likes

Hi Owen,

I am sorry. I fixed it at last. The reason is that the depth buffer image was not cleared correctly. But the Intel platform is OK which is very strange.

0 Likes