Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

chabandou
Adept I

OpenGL Emulators won't run..

Hi,

The problem put simply is when running the 3DS emulator Citra​ on an AMD GPU it gives me 3-5 pfs knowing that the 3DS games are not demanding there have to be a problem with the OpenGL drivers.

Same problem comes to play when running the Wii U emulator CemU​ the AMD GPUs have slow down issues and are very laggy when running demanding game like the legend of zelda.

*Have to point out that Both these emulators Runs Perfectly fine with Nvidia users with medium GPUs but Prowerful AMD GPUs face them, so the problem is definitely the AMD GPUs/Drivers

Also Some users use linux with custom AMD drivers and they don't get these problems, and everything runs good.

I think you should try running those emulators to give an idea of exactely what the problem is and hopefully fix it.

0 Likes
5 Replies
xhuang
Staff

May i know more details, like the GPU card model, OS version, Driver version and etc.?

0 Likes

Sure,

This is my card, It's mid-range but even more powerful Cards face the same problems, And same range Nvidia cards run the emulators perfectly well..

Capture.PNG

Driver version Adrenaline 18.8.1

Capture2.PNG

Windows Version:

Capture.PNG

0 Likes

Hello

0 Likes
mirh
Adept III

Running laughably slow, is not the same of "not running [at all]".

Anyway, my very educate guess would be this is the same problem shared by pcsx2 and gl_vs_vk benchmark: Dreadful OpenGL performance

0 Likes

Hello,

I had a quick try the GL_vs_VK with AMD R9 Fury + latest driver and get the result ~5fps, ~30fps and ~90fps.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes