cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

kd-11
Adept II

Null dereference in vkQueuePresentKHR with the latest driver update (catalyst 18.6.1 + R9 270) [Isolated to multiGPU setup]

Attempting to present an image with QueuePresentKHR now crashes with the newest drivers. There are no errors or warnings in the validation layers (SDK 1.1.73 used).

This one is easy to reproduce, just run the cube demo on a GCN1 card (R9 270 in my case). Drivers 18.5.1 and older are not affected by this regression.

P.S For this test I had modified the sample to only run on the AMD card, allowing it to run on GPU1 as my setup has 2 GPUs

6 Replies
kd-11
Adept II

I have isolated the problem to having the display attached to another adapter. If I move the cable to the AMD card - it works. This is still messed up because querying the device shows that is supports presenting and it worked before with no issues. Looks like now you have to attach physically to the AMD card for it to work.

Summary of what was tested:

1. Display connected to other card - crashes instantly

2. Display connected to AMD card - works

3. Bypassing present by reading pixels from render target and blitting to window with GDI - works.

pastedImage_0.png

Hi kd-11

1. Display connected to other card - crashes instantly

2. Display connected to AMD card - works

I have the same problem, on my system two GPU: nVidia 610 and AMD Radeon R7 350X, Display connected to nVidia 610 - crashes instantly

Visual Studio Debug Output:

Exception thrown at 0x0C57538D (amdvlk32.dll) in VulkanTest2017.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000010

If I use Vulkan validation layers, crash happens here:

VulkanSDK\Source\layers\unique_objects.cpp line 571:

VkResult result = dev_data->dispatch_table.QueuePresentKHR(queue, local_pPresentInfo->ptr());
0 Likes

AMD R7 350X the lates 18.7.1 driver, crash is still exists!

Any Vulkan application crashes.

0 Likes

Hi, kd-11​, try to check driver 18.8.1, any Vulkan application works without crash.

0 Likes
kd-11
Adept II

Confirmed fixed with the 18.8.1 driver.

Appreciation for your reporting !

0 Likes