cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

somewhatlurker
Journeyman III

Issues with OpenGL ARB Assembly Programs (/Shaders)

Hi there.
I'm currently working on a project involving a legacy OpenGL application that makes heavy use of ARB assembly programs/shaders. During this work, I've encountered several issues affecting ARB assembly programs that seem to be in AMD's driver/shader compiler.

For various reasons, I cannot openly discuss this project, however, I have created a set of small test programs that should demonstrate the issues. These programs, along with descriptions of the issues and my hardware/drivers used, can be found at https://github.com/somewhatlurker/amd_arbpg_repros (binaries/.exes in GitHub releases).
It would be greatly appreciated if these issues could be investigated.

Thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Hi @somewhatlurker ,

Thanks for reporting it and providing the reproducible test programs. I have whitelisted you and moved the post to the OpenGL forum. I will forward the issues to the OpenGL team.

Thanks.

dipak
Big Boss

Hi @somewhatlurker ,

We have filed an internal bug ticket to track the issues. We really appreciate your efforts for documenting everything in such a well-organized manner. Please let us know if you encounter any other issues.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Thanks. Please feel free to get in touch to follow up on anything regarding the issues. I'll make sure to let you know if anything else impacts our use.