Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenCL

be_dos
Adept I

OpenCL development for Radeon VII under Windows 7

Hello!

Recently I've bought a Radeon VII for OpenCL development purposes.

I installed it in my dual-boot Windows 7 & Linux machine, and now I'm trying to setup a development environment.

My problems with Linux are the topic of another thread, but here I'd like to ask: how am I supposed to write OpenCL programs for Radeon VII if the last version of AMD APP SDK was released in 2017?

I know that similar questions have been asked before, but most people actually solved the problem just by downloading the APP SDK from mirrors where it still exists, and this is really not an option for me, as the chances it would work well with the VII are miserable.

So, to sum up:

What is the right way to program Radeon VII using OpenCL under Windows 7?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Also, I believe, dipak‌mentioned that OCL APP SDK which you can download from GITHUB.COM supersedes AMD APP SDK. Releases · GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/OCL-SDK · GitHub

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Best to move this question to AMD Opencl Forum. OpenCL   AMD Moderator dipak would need to probably "White list" you to gain access.

This are the latest Threads at OpenCL‌:

Also, I believe, dipak‌mentioned that OCL APP SDK which you can download from GITHUB.COM supersedes AMD APP SDK. Releases · GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/OCL-SDK · GitHub

What does this have to do with anything? Please keep the subject to the OP issue.

Hello!

So I downloaded the OCL-SDK and it worked. OpenCL 2.0 works just as expected.

Thank you for you help!

Your welcome but AMD Moderator Deepak ‌of OpenCL Forum is the one that should get the credit.

You should still try and post at OpenCL‌ in case you have any other further questions.

Good luck.

Hi elstaci,

Thank you for your quick reply and pointing to the right SDK. I really appreciate your help. 

Thanks.

Hi be_dos‌,

I have whitelisted you, now you should be able to post anywhere in AMD DevGurus community. Also I've moved this thread to OpenCL forum.

Thanks.

0 Likes