cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenCL

dipak
Staff
Staff

Re: Device-queue is not blocking if it is full. Some child kernels don't work. get_default_queue does not return error nor does enqueue_kernel.

Actually, in my case also enqueue_kernel returned -1 error code after a limited number calls. The actual number may vary with queue size and packet size. However, there was no hang as you mentioned earlier.

Regarding the error code, I was expecting CL_ENQUEUE_FAILURE not CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND. That I'll check with the related team.

Regards,

0 Likes
tugrul_512bit
Adept III

Re: Device-queue is not blocking if it is full. Some child kernels don't work. get_default_queue does not return error nor does enqueue_kernel.

Then tried this:

if(threadId==0)

err[threadId]= CLK_DEVICE_QUEUE_FULL;

if(threadId==1)

err[threadId]= CLK_EVENT_ALLOCATION_FAILURE;

if(threadId==2)

err[threadId]= CLK_OUT_OF_RESOURCES ;

if(threadId==3)

err[threadId]= CLK_INVALID_NDRANGE ;

if(threadId==4)

err[threadId]= CLK_INVALID_QUEUE ; 

if(threadId==5)

err[threadId]= CLK_INVALID_EVENT_WAIT_LIST  ;   

if(threadId==6)

err[threadId]= CLK_INVALID_ARG_SIZE ;

this returned

adding CL_ENQUEUE_FAILURE makes it say "undeclared identifier" since I'm compiling with -g

Regards,

0 Likes
dipak
Staff
Staff

It should be CLK_ENQUEUE_FAILURE instead of CL_ENQUEUE_FAILURE (seems a typo in this page enqueue_kernel ).

Actually the error code -1 was against CLK_ENQUEUE_FAILURE. Earlier I was comparing error value -1 with host-side code (CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND) which was not correct.

Also, as I've come to know,  enqueue_kernel may not provide any extra error information when "-g" is used. In fact, it's an optional feature, not a requirement as per the spec. So, implementation may ignore the detail.

Regards,

0 Likes
tugrul_512bit
Adept III

Thank you very much. I will be paying more attention to optionality/vendor-ignorability of a feature next time I open a new issue discussion.

Maybe I should have implemented my own producer-consumer structure before enqueueing on default queue. But that could be a performance hit because of constantly checking something in global memory.

Should I keep developing opencl programs or start vulkan? Because I heard opencl will join to vulkan. Will there be a steep vulkan learning curve be needed in future?

Regards

0 Likes