cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenCL

sowson
Adept II

CNN DarkNet on OpenCL

Hello, recently I made the DarkNet on OpenCL that is technology that really passionate me and I started recently PhD studies on AI field. I am using few different GPUs, recently 2 x AMD Radeon VII that works very well on my research. I have few issues... well minor issues but still.

First is that I can use only my trivial GEMM implementation for MultiGPU.

Do you know why clBLAS and CLBlast not support multi-threading environment?

Second I was wonder how fast comparing to Radeon VII is WX Pro series.

I was wonder can someone can test it on the AMD Pro GPUs that I do not have?

You may see my comparison at: DarkNet CUDA vs OpenCL and CPU vs NVIDIA vs AMD – coding by to design

My project is at: GitHub - sowson/darknet: Convolutional Neural Networks on OpenCL on Intel & NVidia & AMD & ARM for m...

Enjoy! .

11 Replies
sowson
Adept II

There is one more update that may be nice to read here. I compared Nvidia Titan RTX ($3000) on GNU/Linux with AMD Radeon VII ($700) on macOS... gues what GPU won? Here is the description and results in a table: Is OpenCL beats CUDA? Thanks!

0 Likes

0 Likes

Hi, what do you mean by that? I was thinking it is a phishing first but looks safe

0 Likes

Hi, what do you mean by that? I was thinking it is a phishing first but looks safe

0 Likes

I am interested in what you are working on.

I clicked on your link and I see this:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes
sowson
Adept II

sowson
Adept II

I am happy to say, about the first, pre-publication. At https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/202007.0506/v1 ;-).

sowson
Adept II

Hello... I am not sure if that DNN / AI / ML interested you, but here it is YOLO4 on OpenCL from Today... and CUDA version has 2 very heavy to find trick that does not work for training, I squash those in my port on OpenCL... Look for it at https://github.com/sowson/darknet Thanks! Edit: Screenshots added.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_1.png

p .

elad
Adept I

sowson‌ any hope to be able to run this on Windows?

0 Likes

0 Likes
sowson
Adept II

Once it uses CMake it is possible, only one dependency is clBLAS, and that DLL needs to be built as well. But to be honest I do not have Windows on any PC I could experiment with this. But GNU/Linux (Ubuntu or CentOS) are fully supported)...

0 Likes