cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

What excited you most about Computex this year?

I'm interested in the 9000 series CPUs myself and seeing a new X3D chip. 

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
22 Replies
rtbh99
Challenger

im always interested in seeing the new cases 🙂

---
lets talk about rtbh99
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I totally agree!  Two of them have caught my eye so far.....

Phanteks-evolv-x2Phanteks-evolv-x2

Lian-Li-VisionLian-Li-Vision

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

it looks like back connect motherboard compatibility is one of the main new things this year.

---
lets talk about rtbh99

i was hoping for more information but all i saw was the intel board back connects, no amd ones. 

MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600, Gigabyte RX 7600 OC, 980 PRO with Heatsink 2TB

I really like the back connect idea, I hope that takes off, but they need the companies to all buy in I think.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I hope the back-connect thing catches on too.  There will be a while of transition in terms of getting a case that supports it.  I see several new cases coming out with the motherboard cut-outs for back-connect connections.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

I am really interested in the new Corsair Titan. 

CORSAIR iCUE LINK TITAN RX RGB AIOs: Everything you need to know | CORSAIR:EXPLORER

I am waiting for a full in-depth review so i can decide on what AIO to get. I am going with a corsair ique link system right now. i will need 1 140 fan, 9 rgp  case fans and 1 360 aio which has 3 fans on it.  maybe overkill on the rgb but it is a guilty pleasure for me to have it. as i have always wanted a fully rgb pc but never had one. so i will totally trick the whole thing out with rgb and i haven't even decided on rgb strips yet or even if I want rgb cables. 

MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600, Gigabyte RX 7600 OC, 980 PRO with Heatsink 2TB

you could totally get an upgraded system instead of upgraded fans for the same cost, if the specs in your post are current 😛

---
lets talk about rtbh99

my specks are current, I am going with the following as of right now

6500d corsair- case (have)

6000 or ? ram

2 tb - wd  Black SN850X SSD (have)

Thermal Grizzly AM5 Contact Sealing Frame to keep the thermal past off the contacts of my

new cpu for either a 78003d or newer 9000 processor (will decide after the reviews in july

Thermal Grizzly Hydronaut thermal paste (have)

New 360 AIO - looking right now. 

gpu i am torn between the 3080ti or the 7800xtx

Icue - Link,  fans have 6 120mm already, need 3 120mm  and 1 140 mm exhaust

My current system will be for my daughter to do games and home work on. 

this is my current setup 

IMG_0218.jpeg

IMG_0217.jpeg

Those look good in terms of increased cooling performance, but I don't see an LCD over the pump where you can run .gif images.  I must have that now, since I used those on my last two builds.

0 Likes

that is why i am going with a 360 aio on this next build and I do want that digital AIO face plate. Just looking for the right one now is all. 

rtbh99
Challenger

well if i were you i would go with the 7900xtx simply because it has much more raw power than the 3080ti, while also having twice the vram. unless you were getting a killer deal on a 3080ti, i would go for the more powerful in most use cases 7900xtx. waiting for ryzen 9000 is smart though. who knows, you may not even need a 360mm aio for ryzen 9000 🙂

edit: oops this was meant in reply to Hiramabiff

---
lets talk about rtbh99
ThreeDee
Paragon

Ai!!!111

ThreeDee PC specs
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Excellent video from Der Bauer.  Telling it like it is!

I have never seen his videos. However, i liked it so much I subscribed to his channel. Thanks for sharing. 

His videos are usually pretty solid and not a lot of fluff. 

geezzz

AI mouse shortcut, that really takes the cake. You need a PSU to run AI.

Can someone ask copilot to do a meme for this! W8...

johnnyenglish_0-1718112451548.png

The Englishman

I agree with Der, this AI stuff is totally ridiculous. I will keep AI out of any system I build and try to avoid it, remove or disable it in any product that push this AI garbage. Just waitiing when cyber and security breaches start due to everyone using AI, actually they are already occuring. 

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero - Ryzen 5950X - Noctua NH D15 Chromax Black - 4x8GB 32Gb GSkill DDR4 @3800 - Asus RTX 3070 TUF OC V2 - Samsung 980 Pro, 970 Evo Plus, Corsair Force GT - Super Flower 1000W Leadex SE Platinum
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Here's another case worth considering:

Alphacool unveils fully modular skeleton PC case made of carbon fiber

Introducing Alphacool's first modular case, the Apex Pro Skeleton Carbon Case, which speaks to the company's intention to create a case that incorporates uniqueness, innovative ideas and individuality. The Apex Pro Skeleton can be completely disassembled, with the motherboard tray, struts, and fan frame made out of carbon fiber, making it a strong, yet light case.

Additionally, the Apex Pro Skeleton includes a distro plate that has been specifically designed for this case while also including a customized vertical GPU mount and a cable that complies with the PCIe 4.0 specification. Alphacool also gives buyers the option of equipping the Apex Pro Skeleton with additional parts. Lastly, the Apex Pro Skeleton comes with smoked glass side panels.

Open-air design, similar to Thermaltake cases.Open-air design, similar to Thermaltake cases.

I'd add some LED lighting to the edge of the glass.  Just sayin'....I'd add some LED lighting to the edge of the glass. Just sayin'....

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I like that as well, but it's probably really expensive like the other skeleton cases I've seen.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Yeah, being built with carbon fiber can do that to a case.

0 Likes
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

HAVN is a new PC case maker out of Europe, and the talented team of veterans have unveiled their first chassis - the panoramic HAVN HS 420.  Looking at all of the new cases at Computex this year was like visiting an aquarium, thanks to seemingly every case maker adopting the 'fishbowl' design. The new HAVN HS 420, available in black and white and with an optional VGPU kit, falls into this category - however, the new case maker's first chassis is impressive.

HAVN is a new PC chassis company, and the HAVN HS 420 is its first product.HAVN is a new PC chassis company, and the HAVN HS 420 is its first product.

The new thing this year is a tilted lower intake fan arrangment.The new thing this year is a tilted lower intake fan arrangment.

First up, the wraparound glass panel and panoramic view are presented via a single piece of custom glass called Unisheet Heatformed Glass, with a curved bend. It's seamless with minimal distortion and no visible seam and blends perfectly with the open design that includes fan intake on the bottom of the case with vents pulling in cold air.

With 541 x 260 x 547mm dimensions, it's not SFF; there is ample room for larger GPUs, radiators, and fans to show off your build or even add a display. HAVN is a new company built by a team with several years of experience designing cases for Fractal, NZXT, Wistron, and Corning.

One feature of the HAVN HS 420 that stood out when we saw it up close at Computex 2024 was the internal angled glass panel and fans, optimized to increase thermal performance and control the airflow of both hot and cold air - you've also got vents on the rear and side panels. According to HAVN, this design and setup for vertically and horizontally mounted GPUs actively reduces the temperatures of critical components.

With easily removable top and rear panels and ample room for threading cables and adding additional storage, there's a lot to like about the HAVN HS 420. The company is looking to make its mark with its debut case when it launches sometime later this year. No pricing info is available, but as this is a premium case, we expect to see it launch at around $200 USD.