cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Those of you that do PC work, I'm curious as to what kind of careers you have

I'd love to know what type of PC careers some of you may have.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
5 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I'm "connected" to computers since I was very young and did worked on local shops, configured new builds and setup some lan parties when that was a thing.

Went on an retail logistics adventure and got back to where I belong. System admin, infrastructure, project management and stuff lol

Current assigment:
Service Operations (formerly known as Local IT) - DIGITAL TEAM at a big worlwide yellow and blue retailer.

The Englishman
rtbh99
Challenger

i dont have a pc career, computers are a hobby for me. i actually work in a grocery store deli.

edit: you can ask me anything about lunchmeat and cheese 🙂

---
lets talk about rtbh99
Eudicots
Adept III

I used computers mainly to help with research purposes. There are things that would have just been impossible to do without a PC. 

Darkness_Angel
Adept III

been in and out of hardware lvl stuff since the 80s, then i went into the navy as a submarine electronic technician, then from there went to civil service for 11 years in the following jobs at the same location. desktop support, then end of the line support when people couldnt figure anything out, and i do linux admin and application administration on linux platforms.

v/r
Louis Imbrogno
Linux Administrator/Application administrator
Dpt. of Army Civilian, former ET NAV submarines U.S. Navy.
Obi_Wan_Kenobi
Journeyman III

Electronics Technician for the oilfield. Started young as well with Apple II's and exploded from there.

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor - Asus ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Corsair 65536 MB DDR4 (16-20-20-38-75-1) - AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX - Samsung SSD 980 NVMe M.2 1TB - MSI G32C4 Display - Ultra X4 1600W PSU