cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

Vynski
Exemplar

Ryzen 5 5600; When will it bottleneck your GPU

Just watched an amazing You Tube video on this title subject.  Everyone needs to watch this and appreciate what this budget Ryzen 5 5600 CPU is capable of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlSKeo0cZ6g

I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
1 Solution
Axxemann
Forerunner

Wow... That's interesting.

Now I just have to find a GPU that's better than my RX570.

Performance over Pretty.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Axxemann
Forerunner

Wow... That's interesting.

Now I just have to find a GPU that's better than my RX570.

Performance over Pretty.

Heck, I'm still running an ASUS RX 480 on this upgrade Ryzen 5 5600 of mine.  I'm still happy with the results I get from it.

RX 480 Superposition.png

You've got double the VRAM I have. If I had a link to that benchmark that you ran, I'd show you my score.

Performance over Pretty.

Here you go my friend:

https://benchmark.unigine.com/heaven

They have 3 really good benchmarks; Heaven, Valley, and Superposition.

Superposition supports a stress test as well.

Downloaded them and running them shortly!

Performance over Pretty.

Superposition_Benchmark_v1.1_5029_1676325264.pngSuperposition_Benchmark_v1.1_7126_1676325519.png

My Superposition results in 1080p Medium and High.

Heaven ran pretty good (I benchmarked Dx11 on that one) and did Dx9 on Valley.

Oddly enough, Superposition shows my GPU as a 470/480 when it's actually a 570.

Performance over Pretty.

I assume you didn't download the two legacy ones.  They are obsolete and I didn't realize that they still posted them.

Nope. Didn't bother.

Performance over Pretty.

Hey @Axxemann ; have you watched that video on the 5600 when will it bottleneck your GPU.  I posted it yesterday after watching it and I'm serious, everyone on this forum needs to watch this and see what gem the 5600 actually is.

0 Likes

I did. 

Performance over Pretty.

I guess you have watched it. Lost track of where I was at. LOL

unic
Adept II

Thats only halve the truth, as it depends on the game. F.e. I have an 5800x and a 7900xt.  In Valheim when your base and you Terraforming is getting bigger and bigger the cpu becomes the bottleneck. I'am getting 100+ FPS in the outskirts, but as soon as i'am coming back to my big base its going down to 40-60 fps, while the load on the GPU ist going gown to 60% (from 90%-100%). That is also true for Pubg, where i sometimes get "only" 120 fps for a peroid of time. But: As more cores a game can use, the better will the game work with the CPU. In the end it depends on the optimization of the game.

Well aware of that.  There are old games that do the same thing.  One in particular is C&C 3. As the colonies grow and increase in number the FPS drop quickly.  Crysis was another, similar what you described in Valheim.

0 Likes

I play mainly shooters and e-sports titles. Wouldn't be much of an issue for me.

Performance over Pretty.