cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

If you could go back in time, and couldn't come back. Where and when would you go and why?

I would totally go back to the 60s Back to the Future II style with a sports almanac to bet on and enjoy the life of excess and good music! 

Ryzen 7800X3D - Radeon 7900XT - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
10 Replies
Axxemann
Forerunner

You keep your sports almanac. I'll take a list of the winning lottery numbers.

Performance over Pretty.
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Good call, but you'd really need to spread out the wins lol

Ryzen 7800X3D - Radeon 7900XT - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

I'd only play the big pots anyways.

Performance over Pretty.
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I would go back to the 1960's also, but it would be to help fix a couple of the TV shows, like 'Lost in Space'.  I would recommend a few changes to the Jupiter II, like adding in bathroom stalls.  I would harden the robot so he couldn't be so easily hacked.  And what about Dr. Smith?  I would leave him on the first hostile planet they land on and be done with him.  

The robot should be programmed to ignore Dr. Smith.The robot should be programmed to ignore Dr. Smith.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

What other shows would you fix?

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Maybe I would also fix 'Let's Make a Deal'.  They gave away too much junk.  I would put some AMD computers behind those curtains.

I'll take curtain number 1 please...I'll take curtain number 1 please...

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

EZ, I would only go a few years and buy lots of Bitcoin before the BOOM. Should be suffice for any early retirement in style.

The Englishman

Right, when you could get it for pennies lol. 

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

It's one of those things that you kick yourself in the butt for not doing. I'm way more aware of crypto now