cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

rtbh99
Challenger

I got my AMD swag!

Hi, I won the July Rig Of The Month contest, which was actually pretty stunning for me. Got the email while I was walking the dog in the morning, and later that day the gift box was sent out. Earlier today(much earlier, it is 11pm), I installed the 3900x and ran some thermal and stability tests on it. Highest temp it ever got while under full system load was 88 degree Celsius. My plans for the new cpu include flight sims, watching youtube, and maybe some video editing if i get the time away from work.

The several iterations of my build are as follows:

• mk1: r5 3600, rx 5700
  • mk2: upgraded the case fans, upgraded the PSU, and got the AIO. also was gifted a second ram kit.
  • mk3: case swap from the nzxt h510 to the darkflash v22
  • mk4: traded the rx5700 to a cryptominer for an rx 6700xt
  • mk5: traded the r5 3600 and rx 6700xt to my brother, plus 200 bucks, for an r7 3800x and midnight black 6800xt.
  • mk6: new mobo, gen 4 ssd, and r5 5600x. my husband got the 3800x.
  • mk7: r9 3900x, and a rig of the month award 🙂

Right after opening the boxRight after opening the boxA nice note from Sam_AMDA nice note from Sam_AMDA pretty badass Threadripper T-shirtA pretty badass Threadripper T-shirtwhoa mamawhoa mamaPlease do not mind the thermal pastePlease do not mind the thermal pasteNoctua desk fan and my new trucker hat :)Noctua desk fan and my new trucker hat 🙂

---
lets talk about rtbh99
4 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

Very nice, enjoy...

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes
Key-J
Paragon

Congratulations man! That is awesome! Very jealous of the hat!!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
0 Likes
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Now that's dope! Congratulations on the win! It's really cool seeing AMD show much love.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
0 Likes
jamesc359
Forerunner

Congrats! That's some awesome swag! Especially the hat!

0 Likes